Best way to approach depreciation

KRZY

I’m entering my first season of regression or depreciating as it’s called next season and I’m trying to figure out the best way to gear up and fight it , I know there’s fighters you can buy and everything from the store and I’m just about to the point where I’m happy enough with my players build to bank everything between them and now . 

Now that all being said I know I should’ve planned a bit better and banked everything this season to lessen the blow of everything regressing , I’m planning on saving all of my income and everything to get a fighter , do I bank everything next season too ? Do I put everything I banked back into my build and bank everything once I depreciate ? Do I wait until my last season to get a fighter ? 

just a first gen looking for some helpful advice and I’ll take whatever I can get !!

thanks appreciate the help !

First off, chances are you won't be able to sustain a build of this size all the way through. You'll probably need some time in your final season to catch back up.

My build (1264TPA) would have cost me 989TPE in depreciation with no fighters. Of course depending on how high you get certain attributes (remember its the most expensive % of the attribute that you lose, not the cheapest), this could be significantly more or less. Yous would most certainly be more than mine.

I managed to take the first hit without the need of a Jagr. The second I also avoided a Jagr, but purchased the Still Kicking (8M). This final hit I will need a Old But Not Forgotten (12M) and a Jaromir Jagr (7M). This gave me ~700 worth of depreciation instead of the raw ~1000.

Generally you want to bank as much of the season before your first hit as possible, and perhaps even a bit of the season before that. (I banked for about a season and a half before my first hit, so middle of my 4thish VHL season. Knowing I earn just over 200TPE a season, This means I can afford 700TPE of depreciation over 3.5 seasons. This also means I come into my final season at my current max build, which is important to some. I then took my build and looked at my total raw depreciation and potential future money earnings, and figured out the most money efficient way to get my depreciation down to 700, and then spent the rest of my money to get the most TPE possible. 

@Spartan made a spreadsheet with a depreciation calculator on it when the hybrid attributes came out, and I have a copy but I don't know where the original is.

2 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

First off, chances are you won't be able to sustain a build of this size all the way through. You'll probably need some time in your final season to catch back up.

My build (1264TPA) would have cost me 989TPE in depreciation with no fighters. Of course depending on how high you get certain attributes (remember its the most expensive % of the attribute that you lose, not the cheapest), this could be significantly more or less. Yous would most certainly be more than mine.

I managed to take the first hit without the need of a Jagr. The second I also avoided a Jagr, but purchased the Still Kicking (8M). This final hit I will need a Old But Not Forgotten (12M) and a Jaromir Jagr (7M). This gave me ~700 worth of depreciation instead of the raw ~1000.

Generally you want to bank as much of the season before your first hit as possible, and perhaps even a bit of the season before that. (I banked for about a season and a half before my first hit, so middle of my 4thish VHL season. Knowing I earn just over 200TPE a season, This means I can afford 700TPE of depreciation over 3.5 seasons. This also means I come into my final season at my current max build, which is important to some. I then took my build and looked at my total raw depreciation and potential future money earnings, and figured out the most money efficient way to get my depreciation down to 700, and then spent the rest of my money to get the most TPE possible. 

@Spartan made a spreadsheet with a depreciation calculator on it when the hybrid attributes came out, and I have a copy but I don't know where the original is.

I kinda dropped the ball with pre planning for banking , I think I’m just gonna have to try and manage/maintain as best as I can , then learn from it for my recreate

10 hours ago, BOOM said:

Voss is my first player for a while that I've even dealt with depreciation. I usually kill them off before the VHL steal my tpe. 

or you do the Marcel Janser special and spend five seasons combined in the VHLM (2) and VHLE (3), so you are not even subject to depreciation ;)