'Sup

JHS

I'm Jack, I'm 16, a high school junior, and I live in Orange County, California. I'm originally from Boston, so I'm a pats, B's and sox guy, but I follow the British Premier League in soccer and I support Arsenal F.C (hence why my player is from Islington).

I like to read, go to the beach, and play beach volleyball for fun. I also occasionally shred the gnar.

So yeah, that's me.

Oh yeah, I really dig indie and alternative music. Old Artic Monkeys, Cage the Elehant, etc

I'm known as AP or JHS on the SHL

Edited by JHS

Welcome!

I think we have a couple Gunners fans here, although I support Spurs so fuck you I guess? (I really just started following this season, so I'm not really sure who I'm supposed to hate and why)

Yeah Spurs and Arsenal are definitely in opposition, both in North London. Chelsea doesn't particularly like either one, although it's a different part of London (Chelsea are West London, locally Chelsea's rival would be Fulham, but Fulham kind of doesn't count - also, historically Chelsea were rivals with Leeds but Leeds counts even less than Fulham). City and United obviously don't care for each other (both Manchester), nor do Liverpool and Everton (both Merseyside).

Many supporters of the top clubs would prefer the historically less successful side of other rivalries (i.e. Pool supporters might prefer Spurs to Arsenal, just because Arsenal would be seen as a bigger threat most of the time) although of course it would be best if neither had success as it would make the supported side's chances all the greater. Supporters of any of the six clubs with major rivalries would love it if Fulham knocked off Chelsea, of course, and Everton has had a lot of mid-table years so most of the time they'd be preferred over Pool by most of the big clubs.