Big Boga goes to free agency

Bojovnik

MOSCOW, October 6, 2023 (Shaiba.ru) – The Yaroslav Bogatyrev era is almost certainly over in Seattle. According to sources close to the Nizhnii Tagil native, Bogatyrev informed the team on Wednesday that he would not be signing a new contract and would test free agency for the first time in his career.

S90 was a disappointing end to what has been a mixed bag for the second overall pick in the S86 VHL Entry Draft. Bogatyrev joined the team with high expectations having been drafted one place behind The Frenchman. After two disappointing seasons, Bogatyrev’s game grew significantly in S88, and he finished the last season with 45 goals, the second most in the entire VHL.

However, Bogatyrev was always left frustrated with not getting his hands on the Continental Cup, particularly in S88 when the Bears were one win away from the VHL crown before losing three straight games to the London United in the finals.

It is thought that the Bears failure to rebuild following the departures of key veterans Hulk Hogan 2 and Tavish Degroot, which left the team unable to make it past the Vancouver Wolves in the North American Wild Card, prompted Bogatyrev’s decision to leave the club.

Bogatyrev was named the Seattle Bears captain ahead of S90, but the Bears poor performance throughout the season left fans critical of the decision. In fact, Bogatyrev has never really been fully accepted by the Seattle faithful, many of whom were left frustrated with the supposed stars first two seasons in which he only scored 75 points.

UPDATE (15:50 MSK)

Following the publication of our story earlier today, Yaroslav Bogatyrev confirmed on social media that he will be leaving the Seattle Bears this offseason.

“I’m writing this with a heavy heart but a clear mind. I will become a free agent upon the conclusion of S90 after failing to reach an agreement with the Seattle Bears on a new contract. I have no complaints to the team’s management, who were cordial throughout the entire process. After five seasons here, one as captain, I feel that I have given my all as a Seattle Bear, but that I know feel that is time for us to go in different directions.

I am looking forward to a fresh start, wherever that may be. I want to thank the Seattle fans for their support throughout my entire career to date. It was certainly difficult coming into this league as a rookie, but you showed patience throughout my struggles, and I felt your support when you started to believe in me.

Of course, there were difficult times, and I’m sad that I could never repay your trust in me with a Continental Cup, but if there is one thing that the Bears have proven time and again, it’s that you can never count them out. I’m sure they will be competing again soon, and I will look forward to returning to Seattle for games, this time in the away locker room, in the near future,” Bogatyrev wrote on Instagram.