I asked ChatGPT to fix our recruitment issues and this is what I got

twists

I asked ChatGPT to fix our recruitment issues and this is what I got

Preface: I am not copy pasting an article that ChatGPT wrote here, I am instead going to cover the actual good ideas it suggested to help recruiting.

1. Engaging Social Media Presence:
This will not come as a shock, but in this section ChatGPT discussed much of what Z suggested in his original post. The only thing it brought up that I hadn't thought of was sharing "behind-the-scenes" activities on social media. It would actually be super interesting to hear a teams war room audio (even if only 30 second bytes) before a draft, or a funny screenshot from the blues discord, etc.

2. Interactive Website and Forums:

This section described what we already have, a forum that allows players to interact, encourage engagement, etc. It did suggest one thing that gave me pause though. It suggested a mentor program for newer members that would help them stay active. I thought this was a great idea, but I'm not sure on the feasibility of enacting it. I don't think it would have to last more than a week or two, but even for a newbie to have someone they can turn to when they don't know what to do would be nice. This is kinda the VHLM GM job, but maybe a more solid one-to-one program would be more effective.

3. Promotional Events and Tournaments:
This section basically described our world cup and world junior cup tournaments. This is a hot take, but if we incentivized those further with some TPE for the winners they would be dramatically more effective at keeping people engaged in the offseason. Another idea would be to introduce forum-related rewards such as an exclusive title for winning a championship, maybe you get to pick your username color for a month, etc. There's a bunch of small things that we could add in terms of forum customization for users that could keep people more engaged. Allow spending player store money on forum customizations perhaps?

4. Streamer and Content Creator Collaborations:

So this was definitely an insane idea, but the gist was to make twitch drops for the VHL. We could go live on the official VHL twitch accounts and maybe giveaway TPE or some exclusive item that only the stream watchers would receive. I feel like a cool forum title is almost perfect for this. Or maybe player store money, etc. there's a lot of interesting ideas.

5. Referral Programs and Incentives:

Oh look we already have this. I think there could definitely be revamp of our current system. It's passable, which is fine, but that also means there's room for improvement. I don't have a magic idea to improve our referral program, but there's gotta be something more we can do here. We really are doing the bare minimum lol. I do realize increasing/expanding this program could increase attempts at making multis, but we do actually seem to have a good handle on that.

tl;dr: ChatGPT actually gave some decent recruitment ideas for the VHL and I summarized them in the points above.

9 minutes ago, twists said:

3. Promotional Events and Tournaments:
This section basically described our world cup and world junior cup tournaments. This is a hot take, but if we incentivized those further with some TPE for the winners they would be dramatically more effective at keeping people engaged in the offseason. Another idea would be to introduce forum-related rewards such as an exclusive title for winning a championship, maybe you get to pick your username color for a month, etc. There's a bunch of small things that we could add in terms of forum customization for users that could keep people more engaged. Allow spending player store money on forum customizations perhaps?

4. Streamer and Content Creator Collaborations:

So this was definitely an insane idea, but the gist was to make twitch drops for the VHL. We could go live on the official VHL twitch accounts and maybe giveaway TPE or some exclusive item that only the stream watchers would receive. I feel like a cool forum title is almost perfect for this. Or maybe player store money, etc. there's a lot of interesting ideas.

So I'm reading that we need to make the TMB LoL tournament a VHL sponsored event

@Enorama make it happen