The end is near

jRuutu

The topic for the theme week is recruitment.  When I think about recruitment, my mind goes to an army recruiting soldiers for war or some kind of criminal organization recruiting new members to join their ranks. The result is that the person is being asked to commit to something and they are being asked to put themselves on the line.  If I now think about the average person out there, they are not going to commit to something unless they see others doing the same thing, they are not going to put themselves on the line for most things, they will much rather follow what everybody else is doing.  To even get someone to stop and listen to whatever you have to say is a hard task as the recruiting efforts can be seen as invasive and even aggressive, which causes so many to tune out automatically.

I started to wonder how can you reach the average person who might not want to hear what you have to say. Instead of posting a few things here and there to various sites, I think VHL should create accounts on multiple forums and be active members of those communities. VHL should create "forum accounts" that point towards VHL. Then through these community accounts, VHL should aim to get notorious in these forums by posting content that speaks to the members of these communities. The goal is to attract users to VHL as they recognize interesting and entertaining times could be had in VHL as the community accounts put out a fun vibe. In many ways, it is what VHL is doing already with ads and posts to wherever, but this type of work requires more effort. It showcases the creative, fun, and hardworking side of VHL in real-time. Each post in each forum should be seen as a mini-version of VHL.

The forum and layout of VHL need to be changed. New users are interested in the site and what VHL could be about, so they come to check it out, the brightest thing on the site can not be "donate".  It simply sends the wrong message: "Ahaa, these people are after money. I am not interested in paying for something". There are way too many links and headlines that look identical, nobody has time to read through this much stuff. Highlight the best stuff, and hide the boring stuff.

As I was thinking of some kind of ending to this article, I got bored. I think it was a mistake highlighting recruitment for the theme week. Just like the donate button on the site, it sends the wrong message.  Seeing comments about advertising in TikTok, Instagram, etc is doing great harm to the members on the site already. The ship is really sinking, isn't it? Nobody has an idea? There is no plan?  Post to social media and hope people see it:  "Noo noo, we have an idea, but it was a hot topic last week, so we thought it would be fun to hear what everybody in the league has to say about it".

THE END IS NEAR.

SAVE YOUR VHL DONATION MONEY,  START A TIKTOK CHANNEL, AND SPEND THE MONEY ON LIKES AND VIEWS TO GET YOUR NOTIFICATION BUZZ!