A Little Recruitment Here, A Little World Domination There

RJMW

November 2027

4 years post Recruitment Theme Week.

The population of the VHL flooded in Season 95 following the most successful recruitment drive ever using ideas generated from a now notorious theme week. A week the older VHL members refer to as when fun died.

The VHL is now a dominating global entity. Their control is only bounded by Earth's atmosphere. Gone are governments, only the VHL remains. With longtime Commissioner Beketov at the helm of control, head of recruitment Zetterberg is his second in command.

Members worldwide have taken TPE gain away from the forums and into the real world. People everywhere battle for their spot at the top of the weekly leaderboard.

Following the AI wave of 2024, the VHL BOG made drastic changes to how TPE gain works. 2 years since and there are no more articles to write or graphics to edit. Now the general population earns their keep through completing social services. +2 TPE for trash clean up. +6 TPE for turning in traitors of the League. The recruitment team is stronger than ever, producing and hosting live recruitment radio shows grant full capped 12 TPE.

…Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The VHL has commandeered the Billy Bishop Airport to be used as a main operating hub in Canada. TPE recruitment camps have been constructed all across the GTA but the largest remains near Billy Bishop at what was once BMO Field. Every sports organization and fan base deteriorated overnight when the recruitment wave first came. BMO Field no longer had a use so it was transformed into a recruitment camp used to manufacture propaganda to further expand the VHL’s empire.

Detractors of the VHL are punished swiftly and brutally, anyone who resists recruitment is sure to receive a much worse fate. Still, there are those who try.

Deep within the recesses of the Toronto Underground exists a group of members who were active long before the days of the VHL’s ruthless power. These are the ones who remember peaceful times when the forums and locker rooms were fun places to meet new people and enjoy the world of sim hockey. They were also there to see how quickly and drastically everything changed…

It was November 2023 and the topic of league activity and recruitment had spiked up in engagement as Zetterberg produced the article now synonymous with the recruitment revolution.  It directly led to the 91 theme week centred around recruitment for the league. Forums were then flooded with genius ideas for recruitment and beautiful graphics for the league to use. This created shock waves in the world of the VHL as membership started growing exponentially. At the time it seemed like a great idea to bring active members to the league but the combined brainpower of the VHL users was far too powerful, global domination of the league was inevitable when so many users put their talents together.

Now it's a messy world filled with a brainwashed population who only have TPE gain on their mind… The recruitment theme week and subsequent recruitment drive were astronomically successful but was it worth it at the cost of our humanity?

---

I don't even know man, it's 4 am and I'm zonked watching the Mandalorian and the little gremlin mechanics are staring into my soul as I write this, there are so many posts about how to fix recruitment, I don't know how to fix recruitment so I just did this instead and I'm gonna get my sweet sweet TPE. Oh my God now Grogu is grabbing the little gremlins.

516 Words or something... Claiming PT for next week 12/03 and sweet sweet theme TPE for this week.

Edited by RJMW