The Rally

CowboyinAmerica

x1germany.jpg

Cologne, Germany -- As the Cologne Express prepare for yet another run at their first title, the team decided to hold a rally downtown, in order to get their fans pumped up for the upcoming playoffs. Expecting rousing speeches from GM Alexander Schneider, vaunted center Wesley Kellinger or long-time goalie Blaine Olynick, what they received instead was... most unexpected.

A man that many had never seen before sullenly strode onto the stage, suddenly quieting the assembled crowd. Many assembled assumed the man was homeless, on drugs, or a possible combination of the two. Shockingly, the Express management did not move a muscle as the man strode to the podium.

“My name is Karsten Olsen,” the man said, seemingly older than time. “You may not know me, but I actually play hockey here.” (Silence.) “I have 69 points.” (Still silence.) “I’m in the background of that one picture of Thomas O’Malley that one time.”

Suddenly, a cheer of sudden recognition went up from the crowd, and everyone seemed to speak at once. A loud voice from the front asked, “Mr. Olsen, are you coming back to practice?”

“Practice?” he answered. “What’s practice?” Then, as sullenly as he strode to the podium, Olsen retreated behind the stage, having fulfilled his contractually-mandated duty to the Cologne franchise.

It has been said that Olsen may practice once again someday, but many in both Seattle and Cologne are not holding their breath. It would take a near miracle to wake Olsen from his slumber, especially given the proceedings at the rally today.

We could've been on the same team. We could've had so many great times together. Our pasts seem so distant now.....fading....

I will destroy you in your last breaths brother. You shall not pass Riga. 

Well, this quickly turned into a stereotypical manga. Blame Greg for that whole not being on the same team thing. Apparently I still haven't won anything though, so that would be cool.

• Admin

Well, this quickly turned into a stereotypical manga. Blame Greg for that whole not being on the same team thing. Apparently I still haven't won anything though, so that would be cool.

You've been on the wrong franchises. :P

Welcome back. I hope.

You've been on the wrong franchises. :P

Welcome back. I hope.

Not right now. Still have a lot of going on IRL, actually came here on accident at work when Firefox autofilled the website, noticed that the playoffs were almost here, and figured I'd help Cologne out. If I recreate it would probably be after the new year, but I'd have to see what's up with life at that point.

EDIT: Since you're here though, mind giving me Cologne LR access? May check in periodically to see if my guy can become one of the worst Triple Crown winners in VHL history.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

I highly doubt the Triple Crown bit :P but sure. I usually do for inactives anyway, dunno why I missed you.

I've already got a VHLM Title and a World Cup title (Season 32 for both, Oslo and Scandinavia). I quite obviously haven't been following this season closely, but if Cologne pulls it out, there you are.