My quick thoughts about VHL teams for S92

hedgehog337

A quick simple media about VHL teams for doubles week. The creativity is up to the moon, I know. 

:usa: :can: NA Conference :usa: :can:

Sure contenders: 

:cal: - The only NA team in this tier with 4 defs on the roster. Not sure if this is gonna help the cause. However, Skor will definitely up this team's chances. Calgary is gonna hope he will teach their forwards how to skor considering how much pain this thing has brought to them last season. 

:la:- one last push! Though, I do feel they already blew their best chances in last two seasons. Now most of the team is regressed the hell out already which may be a factor. They will hope Simon thinks otherwise and their forward core is still gonna be on top of things. 

:tor: - You would think the champ team is gonna have no problems in extending all of the pending FA players. The AI media(?) scandal definitely has put a halt on the younger players' development and Burns hasn't even signed yet. Soogard is also gone cause retirement. They will hope their remaining top core is still gonna carry. 

:dcd: - gonna be interesting to see how are they gonna compete with lesser D power as Sakamoto retired. The rest is pretty much the same plus they upgraded the goaltending with Tucker Jr. They will hope the last season was just a bump on the road and this season is totally different. 

Likely a playoff team:

:nya: - their history of the past 30 plus seasons has teached us not taking them really seriously. Though this season might provide us a different story. The top forward lineup should be the real deal. The rest is take it or leave it tier, but still with the promise. They will hope sim is actually gonna let them taste a deep playoff run for once. 

No Cinderella story this time:

:chi: - Sundin is gone and he took the luck with him. At least I think this is the case. Trunov is cool, but not on Scotty's level at all. Now this is the time to actually grab a lotto pick. Also, they do have a bit lots of S87-88 players there and none of them are earning more than 10 TPE per week. Doesn't look very promising. 

Rebuild!

:sea: - unlike last off season, Bana managed to have a good firesale this time. Thanks to Warsaw. Now they can calmly cruise through the season and grab that lotto pick. 

:que: - I mean, they still have Slater. And that's really it for now. The focus is mostly on young players and just like Seattle, they can afford to wait. 

:eu: Europe :eu:

Sure contenders: 

:ldn: - probably gonna take the first spot in EU. Their D lineup isn't ideal, but the top crew is still there. They will hope the depth is gonna hang on enough for London to make a deep playoff run. Also that Simon won't screw Teno in post season. 

:mal: - losing Skor sucks, but I think they will hang on nicely. Not exactly sure if this is the clear cut championship tier team though. Will be enough for the conference and then they will hope this roster is good enough to climb to the top. By the way, I'm expecting Stone to be the real deal this season. 

Little doubts:

:hel: - not being able to directly replace Wolanin hurts badly. Hard to tell which player could have a great chemistry with Dixon. They will hope Lazaro is that person. Otherwise, I'm not liking their chances a lot. 

:prg: - seeing Riga and Davos flying out of contention is good news for this team. The problem is they pretty much have the same roster as the last season which didn't even make the post season dance. They will hope things gonna turn 180 for them. 

Is it though?

:war: - rushed out contention for keeping their younger core happy. I guess that makes things entertaining, but I can't see a deep playoff run with this roster. If they will make it to begin with. Probably yes, but....ehhh. They will hope the miracles are actually happening this sim.

Might fight

:mos: - this team is on the right trajectory. I'm not gonna be surprised if they can squeak into the wildcard, but perhaps their roster is still too raw for big things. But it's not far away anymore. 

:rig: - we went younger this time, hence no direct replacements for retiring defs and also selling Tucker Jr. for Panda to shine. Can we somehow still make it? Yes, but it's a reach in my opinon. This is yet another season when any outcome is gonna be fine for us: either playoffs or a lotto pick. 

A EU team is rebuilding???

:dav: - good for Alex who was trying this for a while. Finally he did send his team to rebuild. I guess Summers could steal some games, but the new era Davos coming in soon. 

Enough for today. That's it and I'm out.