Wild Draft Recap

Berocka

A Quick Draft Recap

So I spent the last week messaging people who I thought would make potentially good fits for Saskatoon and making sure that people were happy playing with a rebuilding team. Also with going all in last season we weren’t really in a great position to have an incredibly exciting draft with the following picks being available to us. 10th, 30th, 40th & 50th overall.

So with my first pick at 10th overall I chose Forum Content, not only because I am a strong believer in Forum Content and also because @frescoelmo seems like a cool character to have on the roster, sure I know if we are rebuilding they might not get much of a chance this season but I would like to think that it could be some nice trade bait come trade deadline when the contenders are looking to bolster their rosters. Also, I really don’t think we will be the worst team in the league so tanking isn’t what I want to do.

After missing the 2nd round due to a trade made last season with the San Diego Marlins my next pick rolled around at number 30 at the end of the 3rd round. With this pick I grabbed Austin Goulet III, now @Tuchy responded to my draft message with a short and sweet response saying they had no problem coming over to the wildside. So, looking for a Goaler and one that might be able to help us in future seasons it seemed like a good pick to me. Plus, you never know that a portal only player might see this inspiring Media Spot and become a Forum Content king like my 1st pick. I always think that it is nice having a goalie on the roster, it means that you don’t need to try and draft/waiver sign or even trade for one in the future if you are trying to compete.

Next around was the end of the 4th round with pick number 40. With this pick I selected the returning VHLM Champion of the World Sylvia Davis @Possum Queen, it is nice to have a familiar face back in the locker room and defenders are always needed to make a championship side. Will be great to have Davis back winning games with the Wild again.

In Summary I believe that I have made a pretty decent core to build around both this season and next, I think this season there is potential for anybody to win as there is a lot of uncertainty around due to the ways of the youtube ad, we will probably get 50 odd new starters but it depends on how many stick around and what their earning rate is like. Hopefully we get multiple people who are max earners and we can really boost our Forum Content as the way I have heard things every media spot posted my first round pick will grow in size and become unstoppable by the end of the season.

Thank you all for reading let us all hope for another good season for the Wild.