Landon Wolanin Braves Skyrim Modding and Ponders his Future.

jacobcarson877

Some of you may be wondering what Landon Wolanin is up to these days. I’m sure many of you are not. However it is my job, as his personal reporter to report on such things on a regular interval. I don’t think anyone remembers that I’m doing this, and my contract never had an end. Money keeps entering my bank account, and Landon Wolanin keeps doing stuff, so why don’t we talk about it?

He has spent a lot of his time since retiring not touching hockey at all. He busted out his PC, booted it up, and spent several days perfecting a mod list for Skyrim. It brings him back to an era of old, where things were easier, and there were less things to do. It’s crazy how a now-old game can feel so new and refreshing and yet so comfortable at the same time. Perhaps one day Landon will feel that way about hockey.

For now however, hockey is the last thing he wants to think about. Feeling his very purpose and destiny ripped out of his hands by the cruel nature of time progressing, is something that he will have to learn to bear for many decades. It isn’t as if he isn’t capable of all the things that hockey requires. He can sure as hell skate, shoot and handle the puck. In fact he’s world class at all of those things. But even at world class, he isn’t quite at the level the VHL requires. It’s a sad reality seeing the things that were once so easy slip away from you.

He will have some opportunities to engage in his passion in the future. There is always the Pro-Am, and if he so chooses, one last run at a World Cup gold. But for now, those are out of mind. He must find something other than Skyrim to do, and with so much of the world to explore, surely there must be something else that makes him feel the way hockey once did.

Some thoughts resonate in his head about scouting, or perhaps GMing one day. Working his way back up from the bottom in the VHLM, and earning his place amongst the legends in the VHL. His reputation might help him get in the door, but the excitement of earning every advantage and outworking his opponents once more is enticing. But that comes in a new season! For now it is about resting, relaxing, and nursing some of those long lingering wounds.

Maybe one day this week he’ll tune into a Helsinki or Calgary game. Baby steps here, just so that he doesn’t dive too far into hockey too soon and ruin the good thing he has going here. It will be nice to be a casual fan again, like he was as a kid. See the lasting legacy his old teammates make, and watch some of the new generation break all of the molds the oldies left for them.

That’s what Landon is thinking about!

"I used to be an adventurer like you until I took an arrow to the knee."

Had to post a review based on the fact that the word "Skyrim" caught my eye. It's uncanny. I started playing this game again after all the updates too. Seems to have more replay value than Fallout 4, and let's face it, Fallout 76 is still kinda trash. Nevertheless, I wish you well in your potential GM endeavors. Seems much easier than battling frost trolls with an iron dagger and leather armor. Follow your dreams! One day you can be just as good in the VHL as you proclaim you are in real life!

Article review:

It is fun catching up with retired players, players who held such respect in the league that their name is still uttered. It will be awhile before the likes Landon Wolanin will be forgotten but one day they will be just an entry in the history books.  Rest relax and enjoy your time off.  Study the league, understand the changes and maybe one day you can be a player trainer for the new upcoming stars.  You will have much to teach them on being ready for the VHL.  Enjoy your old video games and prepare for the future.

I give this article a 9/10