Leif Reingaard Rookie Experience

3nmFvlu.jpg
Leif Reingaard Rookie Experience 

It’s a big day in Moscow as rookie defenseman Leif Reingaard has just finished his first career game as a VHL player. After all the hype around him, fans finally got to see the rookie in action. He did not disappoint as his shots hit the back of the net twice! These goals included his first ever VHL goal in his first game as well as Moscow’s first goal of the season. Moscow walked away with a 5-4 shootout win. Fortunately we were able to set up an interview with Reingaard shortly after his exciting debut.

Interviewer: “Hey Leif, how are you feeling after such a solid start to your rookie season?”

Leif: “It feels great, I’m glad I could get on the board and get some momentum under me early into the season. I know the first game is always seen as a big deal for fans so I’m glad I could give the ones in Moscow what they wanted.”

Interviewer: “I’m sure they’re all very excited right now. Have you noticed any difference in the speed or difficulty of the game compared to your opponents in the European league?”

Leif: “Yeah it’s a big adjustment for sure. The speed had definitely picked up. I got caught flat footed a few more times than I’d like to admit. Even the other aspects of the game are harder, about 15 seconds into my first shift I blocked a shot from Bogatyrev. I don’t think I've ever felt that much power before, guess that’s something I'm going to have to get used to.

Interviewer: “What are some of your goals for this season?”

Leif: “Currently my only focus is on helping Moscow win as much as possible however I can.”

Interviewer: “What about the Stolzschweiger, and aspirations to win top rookie?”

Leif: “I think it’s in my best interest to not know what you are talking about haha. Like I said before, all I'm focused on is improving my game and winning with Moscow.

Interviewer: Fair enough haha, speaking of winning with Moscow your brother Thor (@N0HBDY) was supposed to be playing with you this season but was traded to Warsaw during the offseason. This has led to a lot of speculation of your place in Moscow. Do you have any intentions of joining him when your contracts are up?

Leif: “I think that too far in the future to say for sure, but if me and Thor were focused on playing with each other he wouldn’t have requested a trade. My priorities are with the team that believes in me and drafted me. If he wants to join up down the line that would be great but i’m not going to sacrifice my career to do so”

Interviewer: “Then it seems like Moscow has nothing to worry about. Thank you so much for your time.”

It seems Reingaard is ready to go this season! We will be keeping a close eye on his performance during his rookie season. His impressive debut and commitment to the team’s success suggest a promising career ahead.

• 2 weeks later...