Do 9 season VHL careers actually work?

CowboyinAmerica

2 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Some of them where pushing 1300+ builds and got the benefits of such builds before being killed by the changes. Where now the only players you see with similar builds are the players doing the 7/8 length careers as the 9 are in defense mode for about half of their careers as you mention peaking around S4/5 in. 

While I understand/understood the need to clip these super builds; it really hasn`t worked as we are still seeing them but only if you don`t skip or play the 9 season career. Which to me means the depreciation is a bit too harsh.

Part of my point earlier was that I don't think there's a massive difference in a 1.15k TPA build and a 1.3k TPA build. All your core attributes are in the high 80's/low 90's, and it's proven that further increase beyond that point is fairly marginal. I think Mac Atlas maintaining that current build will still be a top VHL player. That's why I say that the planning is more important in being able to maintain a strong build at or over 1.1k TPA. You will still be an elite player. I will agree that depreciation changes midway through might have made it tricky for existing players despite the heads up notice that the league tried to give.

• 2 weeks later...

Article Review:  There are two things I like in a article that to me make them outstanding as oppose to just good.  1) It has to use some statistical analysis to come up with their argument and 2) it has to drive response activity.  This media spot did both.  This is a great analysis of the 9 season player situation, and although it was done to make a personal choice it allows other to look at concrete information about the topic. Second, the fact that I am writing this review on page 2 after a number of long, responses only solidifies that this article touched something in others.  Great article, great analysis.  I give this article a 11/10, yes it got bonus points.  You can deal with it.