Around the League

Scurvy

Well peeps, I just got back from visiting a friend in Dallas Texas and have about zero motivation to write an “Around the League” article.  But I will attempt to power through for that delicious TPE I need so very much.  I haven’t been paying much attention to the other leagues seeing that I am in VHLE playoffs currently but did some surfing today. 

On a side note, I looked at my profile on forum today and saw that I joined on November 22, 2001!   It’s crazy to me that I have been in the league that long and I am only on my second player.  It certainly doesn’t feel like it and it’s a tribute to how much fun this league can be that the time just flies by.  

VHLE Playoffs

The E is in full swing with only 4 clubs in the playoffs after some teams were cut.  Bratislava and Cologne are up 3-1 on their respective opponents.  It is a grind only having one game a day, but it is what it is.  Looking at the stats I’d say the real MVPs of the playoffs so far are Bratislava goalie Pipo Papa @npuBeT who has a sick 1.75 GAA, .947GAA and only allowed 7 goals in 4 games.  Just behind Pipo is Cologne goalie Clark @cl4rk who is 3-0-1 with a 1.82 GAA with only 8 goals allowed.   AND!!!!   How about a shoutout to Stockholm goalie Girogiy Constanzov @Mongoose87 with 6 PIMS! Stay out of his crease! 

Game 5 is up for tomorrow and you can’t count out Stockholm or Rome just yet.  Both teams are relentless and as we’ve seen before, anything can happen. 

RIP WHEELER UPDATE

Now I normally like to trash on Rip, @ScottyP just because.  But, he is absolutely on fire in his short playoffs so far.  The Calgary winger is #4 in overall scoring, and he’s only played two games.  4 goals in 2 games with 3 coming on the power play.  Calgary must be pleased seeing the young winger gaining some confidence. A look in on his TPE earning he has been hit or miss but did put in some work to get over 800 TPE.  

I can’t wait until Logan Ninefingers gets to the show though Rip!  The Calgary vs Vancouver rivalry will be that much better.  

LA vs DC

Earlier this year I predicted the Los Angeles Stars to win the Cup. An extremely talented club with a great goalie, powerful offense, and a good defensive core. I went back and forth with Calgary and LA being the best of clubs and totally overlooked the D.C Dragons. 

D.C finished the regular season with the most goals scored in the NA conference. The possess a great goalie in Henry Tucker, and elite defenseman in Mark Calaway, and a front end full of capable scorers.   

D.C currently holds a 2-0 lead on the LA Stars and have held the Stars to 1 goal in those two games.  I can’t believe I slept on this club because looking at the roster they could spell trouble for any team they face. 

Have a great week everyone!