Eagles Testing FA

Greg_Di

Heading into his final VHL season, Henry Eagles, has announced he will be testing the FA market.

"I don't know who will want an old fart like me but for any team looking for help to get the cup or even need that extra edge to push them into the playoffs, I can be that guy" Henry said during locker cleanout day " I am almost a career point per game player and teams can get about 35-40 goals out of me so I think the value is still there"

Henry decided to test FA in his final year as no other Eagles has ever gone to FA and he wanted to be the first. 

"It can either be a interesting and fun process or it can be a early retirement if no interest out there, I guess we will find out once FA opens!"

Asked if he had any regrets from Malmo

"Definitely no regrets other then not winning the cup. Malmo deserved it this year after an outstanding season but it just wasn't in the cards. They are a top notch organization and just to clear things up as I don't want the media spreading rumors, me leaving for FA has nothing to do with the team. It is just something I wanted to test out in my career, I had a great conversation with the team and GM about this before the start of last season so that this was not a surprise"