Ugh Sike

Well, it seems as though I should have done more research before just jumping in and going all "gung ho" with my player creation. I sort of based my player on how I'd create a player for EA Sports NHL. What a mistake that was. So, now I'm pining for the time when a reroll will be available. Perhaps a week after I write this? I can sort of see how some areas are slightly irrelevant and where I can improve. Although I'm not entirely certain which direction I'll be taking a fresh build. Playmaker, pure goal scorer, two-way forward? I'm still mulling it over. I'll continue to grind out the contributions for TPE because I feel quite invested in this league. So far it's been an all-around enjoyable experience. I've met some decent people here and in the locker rooms. It can be a little overwhelming trying to keep up in all of the different Discord servers/locker rooms I've been invited to, but once I'm settled on a team, I'll be fairly active in the chat/locker room. So, I'm open to any suggestions veterans or anyone may have. I have a general grasp of the formulas as far as what kind of results I'd like to achieve for my player build. Just like most people here, I'd like to be a contributor and an asset to any team I am on. 

I'm looking forward to the draft and excited for the upcoming season. Big thanks to everyone who has been helpful and supportive. Sometimes I have a tendency to ask a million questions.

266 words 

Glad to have you in the league!  Simon always requires fresh blood so all first gens are a wonderful sight!

Don't worry about your re-roll yet.  I'd maybe wait till you make the VHL and talk to your GM about it then.  Redefine your player for the big leagues but whatever feels best to you!

7 minutes ago, Triller said:

Redefine your player for the big leagues but whatever feels best to you!

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll definitely take it into consideration. 👍

Honestly I don't think you necessarily need to re-roll even, just get that DF up as you earn more. You will definitely use all the areas you put points in at some point, except maybe PA.

The passing thing is a valid reason, but... as much as people don't like PA as a stat and there are times where it can be unhelpful... there are also plenty of successful players that aren't just built to make a huge gap between SC and PA. It's the "best" build but no harm in not following it exactly. Triller has 200 points in the last 2 seasons with a passing forward. If you want to be perfectly optimal build yeah you'll probably cut the points you put in Passing, but don't feel like you need to do a re-roll to fix some huge mistake.

And of course obviously if you WANT to play a different style by all means go for that re-roll! All of this is basically just to say don't worry you didn't like, break your player to the point where you need to re-roll or you're screwed or anything lol

Glad to hear you're enjoying your time here!

Edited by tcookie

I'm excited to come up to the VHLE and VHL in the same rookie class as you and look forward to seeing how your player develops!  I'm also looking forward to getting settled with a new team for this next season.  The offseason is interesting, but kinda weird because the VHLM is done but I don't have a main club so everything is kinda temporary right now.  Who knows, maybe we'll end up in the same place, that'd be awesome!