Houston Gossiper: Houston? No Problem!

Mutti

It is a great pleasure to be back, dear readers. Or reader, I should say, as this newspaper is as popular as dubstep, I believe.

However, as I love dubstep, I also love writing these spots, so.. Let’s get to it, shall we?

“So, what is it Ben”, I hear you ask, “that happened in the last week that should get our attention?” I am so glad you ask!
Firstly, and for many the most importantly, we witnessed the conclusion of VHLM Play-offs. Even with expectations relatively high for Houston after the first round, sadly, Bulls couldn’t keep the run alive in the second round, falling to the eventual cup winners, Philadelphia Reapers.

However, Bulls can be more than proud of what they achieved. The team went from zero to a roster of heroes, with a true leader emerging on the ice every evening: Miner vHLer @Rhynex Entertainment. His leadership guided the team through tough times and brought motivation after tough or close losses. Even though the team of Houston couldn’t reach the cup, they made history with a new definition. The definition of a team leader.

However, even though he deserves it, we shouldn’t put all the praise on just one player. The whole roster had an incredible depth, with amazing players in all lines and positions. Team co-operated and co-existed almost like a family. The mutual connection of players on friendly level could be seen in the locker room. Numerous times, you could hear the laughter and joy coming from there, if you remained at the stadium just a bit longer after the game ended. Kind of like a Bulls’ version of post-credits scene.

This amazing roster has its creator, of course. The credit goes to the man, the myth, the legend of a GM: @AJW

I am convinced this man is a passionate chef in his spare time, because.. Who let him cook? His skills in getting competent players assured we got an entertaining season and thrilling playoffs, with team spirit every GM wishes their team has.

Now, that the play-offs mood toned down, we can expect some talking about the upcoming VHL draft. A lot of Bulls players are ranked pretty high. Even the METHaphorical goalie Ondrej Vencko is projected relatively high. However, we could see him having some struggles in the ongoing Junior Showcase Tournament, where the rest of Bulls roster signed really shines.

This all, however, shows how well-composed the Bulls team was this season. It was a spectacular ride and I hope all of our beloved players will find equal joy and success playing for various teams in the VHL. Alongside with the talents from other VHLM teams, the wave of VHL rookies will surely be an entertaining bunch!

To Houston Bulls, I wish only the best of luck in the upcoming seasons! The team has a bright future ahead of itself, especially with the impact it made in the last season and play-offs. Thanks you so much for the fun, it was mezmerizing.

Yours loyal truly,

Ben Icio del Torro

508 words capped for week ending 03/03/2024

Edited by Mutti
Fixed mentions

1 hour ago, AJW said:

Who let YOU cook? 🔥 Vencko for president 

Vencko is always cooking!  Just don't ask about the secret sauce... or do, up to you really.

25 minutes ago, LucyXpher said:

Vencko is always cooking!  Just don't ask about the secret sauce... or do, up to you really.

The source of my sauce is..

Saucy.

This was an enjoyable read, very well written article Houston had a great year and looked like an awesome place to be. From the outside of that room even I could tell and I'm sure others could too that it was a fantastic room with a great culture. looking forward to seeing all the bulls in the VHLE next year. Hoping to see more Vencko shenanigans over in Europe, wish you all the best.

9/10

Review:

Super awesome article to read, flows super nicely and it’s awesome to hear about Houston as a former player multiple times doing well and being a great environment! Article looks awesome grammar and spelling wise, i think you don’t have to do much to make this any better, i like putting titles and pictures in my articles to make them pop a little more but that’s just preference! Great article and can’t wait to read more.