Castle signs to remain with Legion

After a surprise third consecutive run to the S92 Conference Final where they lost in five games to the eventual Continental Cup champion, D.C. Dragons, the Toronto Legion have lost no time resigning their core players to gear up for another shot at a Cup. The window is narrowing as star goalie Joel Castle is in the twilight of his career. One of five players needing a new contract, Castle signed tonight for two more seasons and, barring a trade, finish his whole career as a Legion.

“This was a no-brainer,” said Castle in an impromptu Zoom conference right after the signing. “Everyone on this team is on the same page. We know what our goal is, we believe in our group and we feel with our talent and experience, we should have one if not two more good chances before my career is done. And I want to get another Cup more than anyone. I want to relive S91 again. That was magical.”

In order to reach that goal, Toronto will have to compete against a still strong contingent of North American teams.