Around the League

Scurvy

Another week closer to Season 93 and there are some happenings going on.  Pro-Am is in full swing, draft is upon us, some teams making some moves, and a look in on Thunder and Rip. 

TRADES

I honestly having been paying much attention this week but did see some notable trades worth talking about.  Now, I will preface this with I am not a GM and have no idea about cap space and/or reasons for trades.  I am simply a casual observer. 

Helskinki-Moscow

On March 3 we saw potential rookie of the year candidate Grimgor Ironhide and a 2nd round pick go to Moscow for Adi Dassler and a 3rd.   Both players are phenomenal, and I feel that Dassler will flourish well with Dixon and Lazaro.   

For Moscow they receive a big bruising checker and proven scorer in Ironhide.  He will slot nicely into a deadly and young lineup. Moscow looks to be deadly for years to come.

What I question in this trade is the draft picks?  Dassler and Ironhide both are high TPE earners, and both are going to be all-star level players for their respective clubs but why the differences in picks?  Moscow gets a higher TPE player and a higher pick?  That is some Las Vegas Knight level negotiation or is there something I just don’t know about trades or VHL GMin (probably the case). Like I said, not a GM and have no idea how this shit works, Just curious. 

Moscow-Vancouver

In another Moscow trade they sent star forward Left Alone @okochastar to the Wolves for a 2nd round pick.  This is a great trade for Vancouver to acquire a 94-point scorer to give some much needed mentorship to a young forward core.  Moscow gets a good pick in a deep draft to add to their pool of deadly prospects.  

In a separate trade, Vancouver added Sunglasses Joyo @JetsGoalie101 and hard-hitting Larry Abass Jr @RileyLRiley. 

With the draft and free agency starting up It will be exciting to see where people land.  

Bollos de Trueno

With my buddy @Thunder coming back after a short break it has me excited.  He opted for another defenseman so it will be interesting to see which one turns out to be better.  Although, Jake Thunder will be some big shoes to fill.   But with that being said, Thunder is a high earner and currently sits at 137 TPE going into the dispersal draft in a few days.  Teams would be smart not to sleep on this pick.  I look forward to when he gets to VHL so the rivalry with Ninefingers can begin.  

Now to check in on my other buddy, Rip Wheeler @ScottyP.   He had a pretty good season with 29-41=70 points.  Calgary has some beasts with Oreo McFleury and Randy Bobandy up front and Skor McFleury and Phil Strasmore in back so I am hoping Rip earning to help Calgary continue their winning ways. I especially am excited now since my player is in the VHL and in same division.  A Calgary vs Vancouver rivalry will be even more delicious if I can smack him around for a season or two.  

Logan Ninefingers will need to spend some extra time in the gym if he’s gonna be taking on Rip Wheeler.  Oh wait, @ScottyP does get physical.  Just look at his lack of shot blocking ability.  Just like on xbox, probably skating around like he’s still in stick and puck.  Cant wait to see Logan smash Rip’s face!!!