Os-Slow Start

:osl:

Oslo, Norway -- The start of the season is here for the VHLE, and for first overall pick and Oslo Storm forward Antonia Bucatini, the result has been a resounding "meh." The Oslo Storm were hopeful to be near the top of the league, but through 12 games, sit in fourth place with a 6-5-1 record. Bucatini, meanwhile, does have 11 points in 12 games - but that's only due to a hat trick and four points against Bratislava, before which she was struggling.

It's a bit of a continuation with Bucatini's time with Houston, where there was some team success, but also the nagging feeling that she should be playing better and really assert her will.

"This feels good, because I haven't had too many of these feelings this season," Bucatini said after that Bratislava game. "It's been a slow start for me. I know that. And while I'm thankful to have teammates to pick me up, I wish they didn't have to."

Will she get going soon? Word from Oslo management is that they've started to play around with lines in recent games, with Miner VHLer even getting some time playing alongside Bucatini on the first line. It remains to be seen whether that or something else is the right combination, but Bucatini's hopeful.

"We just have too much talent here, and I really think it'll come together," she added. "It's a long season, 12 games is just one-sixth of the way done. And I really do think good things should be ahead for us with the Storm."