Las Vegas Rat Pack?

Rebrand Theme Week

I've only been in the league for a little while now and so I don't have any strong ties anywhere just yet so coming up with a rebrand I thought might be hard for me. However there is a team that has an NHL counterpart that when they were coming into the league had a name pitched for them that I absolutely loved, and so for my rebrand choice I'm picking Las Vegas.

So say hello to the Las Vegas Rat Pack this name is just so sick to me, for a logo you could have gnarly looking rat in front of a poker chip. For the Colour scheme I think I would go with black and purple as the primary colours and as a mascot you'd have to get the best rat of all time: Brad Marchand, I guess you could put him in a rat suit but I think that would just be redundant. They would need to go out and find an appropriate coach to teach the players the way of the rat, maybe Marchand could pull double duty somehow, or get someone like Nick Cousins and have Marchand as an special advisor in practice.

Obviously the most important thing in practice would just be teaching and instilling the rat mentality into the players, showing the players the best way to get under opponents skin and how to sneak in cheap shots whenever possible. Of course we'd want them to be offensively talented too, Just look at our mascot He's and incredibly gifted player as well as maybe one of the top rats in hockey history.

As for the players they'd want to bring in, they would want players who can mix it up and force opponents off their game, and also then of course capitalize on the mistakes they make when they are too agitated to play their game. At all times the Rat Pack would need at least one player with high end rat qualities to captain the squad, someone who has grit, speed, and a thunderous body checking ability but also the mental capability to trash talk opponents in a way that can get the most level headed player see red. Make them make mistakes, rush them into bad passes or plays and also take retalliation penalties. Then once they do take advantage and don't miss the opportunities that present themselves.

Of course this is just a silly Idea and probably should never come to fruition, but even if you take out all the nonsense of forcing the roster to play like rats I think that Rat Pack is just such a sick name fo a team in Vegas. I don't know why but to me it just seems to fit, That being said Aces is still probably better for Vegas. But I'd be interested to see if any of the ideas submitted during this theme week get picked up and utilized in some way in the league. I've looked at a couple and some I think are really good and make a lot of sense.

On 4/14/2024 at 8:08 AM, Noodle Enjoyer said:

Brad Marchand, I guess you could put him in a rat suit but I think that would just be redundant.

Truer words have never been written.