Theme Week: Warhammer Fantasy edition

FrostBeard

WAAAAGH! Or at least that is what Grimgor Ironhide would say to introduce himself. 

That said, here is my Theme Week submission. 

To start this off, I decided to take 3 teams and move them to Warhammer Fantasy universe, teams chosen are for a reason as I do believe 3 teams require a strong rebrand. Those would be Warsaw Predators, Vancouver Wolves and London United. Of course I would love to see Warsaw moved to Munich, Vancouver to Quebec City and London moved to.... London, just with a different name, United doesn't work for a hockey team. 

When it comes to Warhammer Fantasy, I will only focus on Locations in the Old World. 

And we are first moving to Parravon...

download.jpg.85e56116294cb8d4d8d7a22715b3ce6e.jpg

So, for the Warsaw Predators, they would be moved to the great Brettonian town of Parravon, and be officially called Parravon Royal Hippogryphs. We all know that Predators is an absolutely horrible name for any sports team so we take something that the great Grey Mountains of the Old World are known for, the magestic, mighty and gorgeous beasts - Hippogryphs. Parravon, being a city carved into the mountain range, not too far off the Grey Mountains, is a perfect place to create a backstory and a reason for a team like that to exist. 

Now for the 2nd team team, we are moving to Barak Varr.

Barak_Varr_WD.jpg

The great dwarven stronghold and the largest Dwarven port in all of the known world, the most maginificent underground caverns, the most beautiful dwarven carved waterfalls that create ripples of sunlight reflecting from the pools of water that sometimes seem to be cascading down. For Barak Varr, being a true dwarven stronghold there is a certain charm to have a hockey team based there. This team should be called Ironclads, the one thing that Barak Varr produced to the highest quality (Not counting the Dwarven ale which is of course the greatest of treats). So from now on, Vancouver Wolves will be called "Barak Varr Ironclads". I think it is perfect. 

And finally, we are moving to the great city of guns, artillery and gunpowder - Nuln

cropped-6a3b62b8fb778707d7ad415729c46852-1-1.png

This is an absolutely easy choice, sure, I wanted to first go to Averland and focus on Averheim but in the end went with Nuln. After all, Wissenland is the greatest provice of the Empire. It is the home to Imperial Gunnery School, which trains all the great sharpshooters of the Empire armies, College of Engineering, known for it's technological advancement and development of different cannon and rocket artillery. It is a place where a single matchstick could destroy half of Wissenland. And for that, we need to move London away to Nuln and create the beautiful team called Nuln Hellblasters, named after their local and brutal invention, Hellblaster Volley guns. 

Warsaw Predators become Parravon Royal Hippogryphs
Vancouver Wolves
become Barak Varr Ironclads
Lodon United become Nuln Hellblasters

Overall, I am personally quite happy with this and will keep this going even after Theme Week as I have plenty of ideas, you just have to wait and see which of the VHL teams could become Skavenblight Warpgrinders...

Review:   What a great article and nice take on a the popular fantasy game/novels.  It's always interesting to see how creative VHL people are and this article shows how much you know about the Warhammer universe.  Now, I have never played the game nor read any of the main books (although they're in my TBR pile).  That being said your article peaked my interest in the books.  You included unique and complete details of each city, beasts, and details suited to each team.  Now, playing in Vancouver I am not sure I want to move to Barak Varr and would much rather have the team name HellBlasters if such a move was to happen.  Also, I loved the photographs, bolding, and lore  included in this article and a very nice stray from the norm.  10/10