MubbleFubbles Writes About The VHL

The Ad-Free VHL Experience

I was watching my girlfriend’s son playing games on their iPad the other day and, as someone who has never really done free mobile gaming, it stood out just how ridiculously crammed to the bit the games that he was playing were filled with ads for different games or apps. One thing that occurred to me though thinking on it was can the VHL use this as a selling point for other users to join the VHL? It might seem obvious to most of our current community since many of us have been here for years now, but maybe it’s worth thinking about how advertising our “game” as completely ad-free could be appealing to prospective members, especially since we’re advertising on youtube and I’ve seen some of the dogshit that gets advertised on there.

Gretzky continues to Gretz

Wayne Gretzky is still leading the VHLE in points and goals, this makes me happy. I am a little concerned though that recent sims seem to be trending downward for my player, so there is maybe a chance that Gretzky could slip up in the last few games and lose either of these two leads, but hopefully he can hold on to that lead over these last six games. One thing that likely won’t get taken away from Gretzky though is that he’s now the record holder for most game-winning goals in a season in the VHLE, with the 14 he’s picked up surpassing the previous best set by Legacy Gaming (13) in Season 89. It’s also good to see Oslo at the top of the standings given we started off around the middle of the pack, but we’ve just kept getting better and better and now put ourselves in a very good position to take home the King’s Cup (Had to look that up not going to lie) especially since half of our remaining games are against our primary rivals for the top spot, the Cologne Express.

Further Look At The Season 94 Draft

Continuing to look more into the Season 94 Draft Class as part of my visualizer project, it’s a solid class thus far and is especially good at the top end, but it doesn’t look like we’re going to have three full rounds of active players which I would say is the benchmark for a very good overall draft class. There have been ten players who have max capped every week and another 6 on top of that who have very regularly been hitting the TPE cap so a late first might generate significantly more value than it has done in season’s past. There’s a bit of a drop-off heading into the second round as there’s only 32 players in this draft who are averaging over four capped TPE a week, but there are definitely some players that are on the rise like Kevin Johnathen, Nikita Yolishev and Dorji Khan all hitting double digit capped TPE counts in recent weeks. The battle for first overall will also be interesting, while the edge in TPE earning is actually slightly more in favour of Jillian Woods right now (since Maverick Goncalves has had access to TPE opportunities that Woods hasn’t yet through joining the E one season earlier), it’s so close that it’ll really just come down to what position the owner of the first overall pick wants to select.

Review

Awesome article, and a sexy profile picture. Woo woo 😘 Kidding. But, serious about the article. 
The Ad-Free idea is pretty damn genius since there's already an existing VHL App.
People love free shit, no bones about it. And I think if the VHL got more people active that would open up the opportunity for expansion teams and whatnot.

Also, agreed. Gretzky has been dominating all season. Undoubtedly a top contender for MVP.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the new talent coming into the future draft. It piques my interest and curiosity to see what direction new and old players go with their builds.

I enjoyed this article thoroughly enjoyed this article because it wasn't a single subject write up, but touched on different topics.

10/10

129 Words.

• Admin
On 4/22/2024 at 5:04 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

the King’s Cup (Had to look that up not going to lie)

bestowed upon the winner by Charles himself I hear!