Not Like Us - Kendrick Lamar

Posted (edited)

Might as well hop on this feud stuff, it's been great twitter content recently. Anyone want to start a rivalry?

I spoke, literally yesterday, about having some lower motivation recently - but there's nothing like trade chats to get the juices flowing again. Trading has always been one of my favorite things to do when it comes to sport management. My Chel franchise sees turnover every few games I play when I feel like there's a player I'm not enjoying as much on the team. Even in Madden (where the trade deadline is so fucking early), I love to make trades to try to roster the best team possible within cap limitations. There's not much difference with the VHL here where we're always trying to ice a roster that will best fit our goals.

Today was certainly an eventful day for Moscow, where we made our first three-way trade, at least under my tenure. Originally, the discussion was between myself and @samx as I kept her apprised on our status with re-signing @FrostBeard as it impacted a condition found here. Essentially, if Moscow didn't re-sign Ironhide for S94, Moscow would return a 2nd to HSK and HSK would send over their 1st rounder in S94, which turned out to be 6oa. However, I was trying to find a new home for Ironhide outside FA and Davos ended up as a strong suitor. After a fair amount of discussion where I turned down @Alex multiple times, the trade ended up being the behemoth found here. Essentially HSK sends Davos 6oa they owed Moscow, Moscow sent Ironhide to Davos, and Moscow received 1oa along with Ellis Woolfenden which was a side trade with HSK that just got tossed into this three way for the sake of just not having to send another trade. Everyone loves packed three ways, especially the commissioners who had to figure out "what the fuck" happened (not verbatim) when reviewing the trade. But overall, Moscow finishes the day with 1oa and a hefty decision in tow.

However, Moscow wasn't done there, clearing some cap by sending Kronchy Kardashian @Garsh to Warsaw in exchange for a future 1st rounder in S96. Needing to roster a full roster for S94, moving Kronchy was a necessity. At the end of the day, there's now room to re-sign underrated forward David Rashford @Knight as was always the plan, and now the final D and F spots are the last to be filled. In theory, Ellis Woolfenden @D3X and Nils Andersson @Viper would be the simple options to finish out the roster, but I can't let things progress simply and quickly. There's always another trade to be made!

Edited by Spartan