Where Now?

With a deep but ultimately unsuccessful playoff run with the Houston Bulls under his belt, Ukrainian winger Konstyantyn Shevchenko is ready to move on to his next challenge. "I could help more next season," Shevchenko said recently in a Reddit AMA. "The season just ended and I've already done a lot of work on my game. I am better than ever and will keep pushing harder every day. I want the people of Ukraine to know that I have not forgotten them, and am fighting for them, to bring awareness to their struggle."

what the 6'7" forward is referring to is the hours of on- and off-ice training he has been participating in. Followed by a small camera crew from his home country, Shevchenko finds himself the subject of a documentary. Rumor has it the working title is "A Story of Ice and Hope", though there hasn't been any official commentary from the crew on that front. What is known is that Shevchenko is utilizing his growing fame to shine light on the day to day struggles of Ukrainian refugees, and those who have chosen to stay. According to the press release, 75% of the proceeds from the documentary are going directly to his parents' foundation, which aids refugees in crossing the border into Austria.

As for his training, it is clear that Shevchenko is putting a massive emphasis on improving his shot and scoring touch around the net. He's also developing his muscle mass, which should only help him at the next level. In some scouting circles, there have been concerns about his lack of focus on both defensive play and skating ability, though not all scouts are overly concerned. "Would I like him to be a better skater? Of course," one anonymous scout wrote in a VHLM Draft Preview. "But the fact is Konstyatyn Shevchenko is a mountain of a man, and unlike a lot of kids in his position, he's trying to do something more than just fulfill his own dream. He has a chip on his shoulder and is carrying a lot of weight on his back with regard to the invasion in Ukraine, so I personally think that he's going to put in the work and make himself the best player he can be."

Narow_Website_Graphic_IHS_large.png

Other scouts have been less kind. "I'm not sure this kid could find his own zone with a guide dog and a Sherpa," one quipped. "If he figures that out and starts using his size more, then look out, but until then, he's on my Do Not Draft list."

The VHLM Entry Draft is still awaiting a calendar finalization, but with his size, skill, and determination, Shevchenko will almost certainly be a top 5 pick. It's unclear just how many teams have reached out to him at this point, but it's clear he's going to be a highly sought-after commodity. If he can continue to show improvement at the rate he's been developing since crossing the Atlantic, he should not only be an immediate impact player in the VHLM, but a potential first round pick in a future VHLE Draft.

33 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Light mode forum, dark mode portal / discord

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

When I was a kid, they told me my future was so bright I was going to need shades. Dark mode all day, everyday.

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 6:41 PM, Banackock said:

Invisible text. Is this the era after ai articles?

Geez Bana, oldest trick in the book. It is invisible ink. Hold your monitor close to a candle and the writing will appear like magick.

Edited by Daniel Janser

1 hour ago, Daniel Janser said:

Geez Bana, oldest trick in the book. It is invisible ink. Hold your monitor close to a candle and the writing will appear like magick.

Scared On Fire GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants