Interview with Moscow Menace GM, Spartan

jRuutu

This week I have a special surprise as the general manager of Moscow Menace - Spartan joins me for a Discord interview. I will ask questions from them about anything and everything related to being a general manager in VHL. I will then post Spartan's answers without any editing in this article. We agreed to meet up roughly 30 minutes from now, so I have plenty of time to write the introduction to this article as I wait for Spartan to come online.

Spartan, without a shadow of a doubt, is one of the general managers in VHL. They have managed Moscow for a long time now, for over 1200 regular season games to be specificThis is the first time I play in Moscow and in a team managed by Spartan, I think, so the last 4 or so seasons I have been able to follow Spartan work from up close. All the stories you might have heard about Spartans are true. I enjoy saying something like that because I have no idea what kind of stories are out there, but all the stories you have heard about Spartan are true. When Spartan comes online, I am curious to hear what they think about all the stories that are out there. I am hoping that when I ask a question like that they will spill the beans on some juicy gossip that I can then share with the good people of VHL.  

When I joined Moscow, the team was going through a rebuildThe first season was a tough one, but after that, the team has been moving up nicely, and icing on the cake - Moscow managed to pick 1st and 2nd overall in the latest draft. It is quite rare to have a team play well, keep the team together for the most part, and then continue to pick 1st and 2nd overallThose 1st and 2nd overall picks were acquired via trades of course, so when you look at the big picture you must give Spartan a lot of credit for managing to steer the ship that is Moscow Menace into such a promising position. A lot of tough negotiations must have gone on behind closed doors and Spartan must know all the little tricks by now as mentioned they have managed to team for over 1200 games. It will be interesting to hear Spartan's thoughts on how the trade negotiations have changed since the early days and whether that is on Spartan learning more about the art of dealing or is it more on the type of general managers VHL has now; do we have more aggressive GM's now and in the past not so as, for example, first and second overalls rarely end up for the same team.

Without further ado, I would like to express my sincerest apologies to Spartan, we have run out of time. 

Tune in next week when I sit down and once again talk about the benefits of having an NTC in your contract.

3 hours ago, jRuutu said:

Tune in next week when I sit down and once again talk about the benefits of having an NTC in your contract.

Better start discussing that pending UFA status too, buddy!