VHLM Predictions

Scurvy

Another week as passed and It is so nice to have Sims after such a long off-season.  For this week, Around the League, I want to chat about the VHLM standings and my prediction for the Cup.

VHLM   

I’ll be the first to admit.  I pay way more attention to the VHLM and VHLE when I my player is in that particular league, obviously.  However, I have been better this go around in paying a lot more attention mainly because re-creates are in the league and I am familiar with more and more names.  

So far in the standings there are 5 teams in the mix with Mexico City and Halifax being the front runners.  The others are Saskatoon Wild, Houston Bulls, and the Miami Marauders.  Today, I will cover Mexico, Halfax, and Miami as they are my three favs to win the cup. 

Mexico City 

Mexico City is stacked with players and are led by Gavin Bebard @Gavin with 11g 19a 30pts.  This is Gavin’s third year in the VHLM and he’s putting his experience on display.  Behind him in scoring are two dmen in Samsayz-I-Smell @CaptainSB and Carl Earnardt @Elite Steel who can score and hit at high levels.  In net they led by VHLM veteran Connor Hellebuyck @HockeyFan4Life who is 15-2-3 with 1 shutout.  Mexico is a tough team to beat for sure and I am sure GM @JCarsonis on the prowl to trades that could make them unstoppable.

Halifax 21st

GM @LucyXpherhas put together a deadly and balanced club looking to take home that elusive Founders Cup. The name of the game for this club is DEFENSE.  They have only allowed 34 goals this season which is the best in the league while scoring 95 which is also best in the league.  Talk about a winning combo!  

In scoring there led by a few first Gens in Robin Sierra @ethanjaeda (22g 23a 4pts) and Ty Duke @TheDuke (16g 20a 36pts).  In the back end they have bone crusher, Boris Bone-Breaker @RileyL (33 PIM 54hits) and Dustin Moore @Maxx (6g 24a 30pts – 36SB). 

In net, Jon Webber III @Webberjand backup Lane Ellis @Brewguy7 have been dynamite.  19-2-1 between them they are on fire every night.  Webber has a 1.53 GAA and 5 shutouts already and backup, Lane Ellis is 4-0 with a 1.25 GAA and 1 shutout.  If Halifax keeps this pace it would no surprise to see them hoisting the cup at season's end.

Miami Marauders

If Mexico and Halifax rely on team defense and scoring to define their clubs the Miami Marauders rely heavily on grit and physical punishment to win their games.  @Ricer13has put together a physical club that works hard each night and loves to lay the body on opposing foes. 

They have three players in the top ten in hits in Toby Cook @KRZY (85), Armas Jortikka @Kavadar (63), and Aiden Paige @Apaige131 (60).  

Up front, they are led by three wingers in Tim Robinson @Tim Robinson @Tim Robinson(17-24-41), Phil Sakic @PhilPhil (19-18-37), and Elf Shoes @ELF_SH0ES(13-21-34).  On defense look no further than Russell Sprout @betta57 (25 pts 49 hits) and Toby Cook.

In net they have Spider Panda and Jeffrey Pines @dylanjj37.  Combined they are 15-4-3 with Panda having a 2.28 GAA and Pines a 2.60.  

Looking at these three clubs I feel that Miami is the dark horse of the three that could spell trouble in the playoffs.  They score on the same pace with Halifax and with some earning they could improve their team defense come playoff time.  

Prediction:  MIAMI       image.png.dc3087ae3ce14359d852efb777a3f9aa.pngCheck Rangers GIF by Hockey Players Club

1 hour ago, LucyXpher said:

hope you're wrong about the prediction t

I very well could be.  I am Miami alum a lost in finals there as re-create.  Went heavy into my prediction.   🤣

59 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

I very well could be.  I am Miami alum a lost in finals there as re-create.  Went heavy into my prediction.   🤣

Very fair!  And I won't hold it against you 😜

13 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

Very fair!  And I won't hold it against you 😜

You should blame @Scurvy for any loss Halifax suffers.  Just look at his player, Logan Ninefingers.  No doubt he sucked in some smoke at the fire and called upon the wizards to create havoc to Halifax.

Just now, Thunder said:

No doubt he sucked in some smoke at the fire

Hush now!  I am hunting for answer to this week's trivia question

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

You should blame @Scurvy for any loss Halifax suffers.  Just look at his player, Logan Ninefingers.  No doubt he sucked in some smoke at the fire and called upon the wizards to create havoc to Halifax.

You know what? I will. Maybe then Simon won’t feel so singled out and we can blame both of them!  Am I going to need to call an exorcist again?  I mean, I know a guy, he’s just a little…

Disney Anniversary GIF by Mickey Mouse