Another regular season trundles to a close

• Admin

We are in the final throes of Season 94, the point of the regular season where most things are decided (although there is still a playoff race going on in North America) and everyone's just waiting for the playoffs to begin.

Comforting as it is to always have sims at a specific time of the day, every day, clearly part of the reason most people are apathetic towards them by the end of the season is because they're taken for granted. There is no sense of jeopardy like you would get back in the day with @JardyB10. Would we get a sim? Would players in the sim be updated? Would the right lines be used? Would we need a resim? Would we need a double or triple sim to make up for lost days? What time of night would the sims land? Every sim we got was a source of excitement and accepted as a blessing that it was, for we never knew if we would ever get another one.

Now in the fully automated world of the modern VHL there are no such stakes. Everything is crisp, on time, and reliable. Food for thought as we end this regular season, perhaps it's time to relearn how to be bad at simming.

• Commissioner
35 minutes ago, Victor said:

What time of night would the sims land?

Heaven forbid I go to the gym before simming and have them be a whole 2 hours later than usual; everyone assumes I’m dead.

35 minutes ago, Victor said:

Now in the fully automated world of the modern VHL

Not quite fully. Still gotta find a way to run STHS server side so we can just have it auto-load everything for us and allow the portal overlords to handle everything.

55 minutes ago, Victor said:

Would we get a sim? Would players in the sim be updated? Would the right lines be used?

Or would @JardyB10not be able to sim, because he was in a field picking up rocks? I miss the glory days of the VHL. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, BOOM said:

Or would @JardyB10not be able to sim, because he was in a field picking up rocks? I miss the glory days of the VHL. 

Was he on a 4-day bender? Was he in an alcohol-induced coma? Did he get run over by a tractor?

The speculation and uncertainty gave us all life.

• 2 weeks later...