Rating my Top 10 Greatest Banned Members Part 1

twists

Now that @frescoelmo has his first official ban as head mod, I figured we could take a trip down memory lane and rank the top 10 greatest banned members to ever exist in the VHL. This is going to be an ongoing series and will require some research to make sure I have all my facts right. I will do my best to not name names unless permission is explicitly granted, just in case there is some open wounds still.

#10: Diacope

This may be recency bias talking, but I think they deserve the tenth spot for sure. I missed out when they were known as 16z, but caught the tail end of their "return" from being banned indefinitely the first time. We probably should have seen this coming, as they weren't behaving differently than when they were initially banned, but the VHL seems to believe in multiple chances. It started with some generic schizoposting in random forum threads, but inevitably turned into personal attacks on members of the VHL. The first time I noticed this user lose their shit, was when asking someone for a forum signature. The person politely asked for what render they would prefer, then they lashed out because he didn't magically know what they wanted. Naturally, it devolved into name calling and other things, but I'll spare you the details. To some extent I feel bad for this user. They are obviously dealing with some serious mental illness that is not being treated, but that doesn't excuse them for being an asshole. Its unfortunate, since they were once a great GM and active user, but life comes at you fast I guess.

#9: DougF

What do all online communities have in common, especially if there are minors involved? Well, the answer is they attract pedophiles. DougF was the VHL's pedophile. He tried soliciting illegal photos from underage VHL members. I believe he even sent explicit photos to some members as well. While this is REALLY bad, and I'm not trying to diminish the severity of his actions, he didn't do much else. Hell, he didn't even create any forum content for us to enjoy. As a result? He gets ranked number 9. I believe he was reported to the Canadian(?) police, and I know @Dil sent him a photo of his house after doxxing him, but I don't know about anything else that happened. He did try to return on different multi accounts after being banned. Thankfully, he wasn't very intelligent as his first multi was named DougForsyth. I am sure that must have been very difficult for the mods to figure out. His second multi was named Brickwall. Luckily both of these accounts were found out in under a month after his initial banning. Hopefully the dude ended up in jail instead of hurting any more children.

I'm looking forward to writing more of these over the course of the next month, so be sure to check back in next week!

8 minutes ago, twists said:

Now that @frescoelmo has his first official ban as head mod, I figured we could take a trip down memory lane and rank the top 10 greatest banned members to ever exist in the VHL. This is going to be an ongoing series and will require some research to make sure I have all my facts right. I will do my best to not name names unless permission is explicitly granted, just in case there is some open wounds still.

#10: Diacope

This may be recency bias talking, but I think they deserve the tenth spot for sure. I missed out when they were known as 16z, but caught the tail end of their "return" from being banned indefinitely the first time. We probably should have seen this coming, as they weren't behaving differently than when they were initially banned, but the VHL seems to believe in multiple chances. It started with some generic schizoposting in random forum threads, but inevitably turned into personal attacks on members of the VHL. The first time I noticed this user lose their shit, was when asking someone for a forum signature. The person politely asked for what render they would prefer, then they lashed out because he didn't magically know what they wanted. Naturally, it devolved into name calling and other things, but I'll spare you the details. To some extent I feel bad for this user. They are obviously dealing with some serious mental illness that is not being treated, but that doesn't excuse them for being an asshole. Its unfortunate, since they were once a great GM and active user, but life comes at you fast I guess.

#9: DougF

What do all online communities have in common, especially if there are minors involved? Well, the answer is they attract pedophiles. DougF was the VHL's pedophile. He tried soliciting illegal photos from underage VHL members. I believe he even sent explicit photos to some members as well. While this is REALLY bad, and I'm not trying to diminish the severity of his actions, he didn't do much else. Hell, he didn't even create any forum content for us to enjoy. As a result? He gets ranked number 9. I believe he was reported to the Canadian(?) police, and I know @Dil sent him a photo of his house after doxxing him, but I don't know about anything else that happened. He did try to return on different multi accounts after being banned. Thankfully, he wasn't very intelligent as his first multi was named DougForsyth. I am sure that must have been very difficult for the mods to figure out. His second multi was named Brickwall. Luckily both of these accounts were found out in under a month after his initial banning. Hopefully the dude ended up in jail instead of hurting any more children.

I'm looking forward to writing more of these over the course of the next month, so be sure to check back in next week!

I want 7 and 8 rn

25 minutes ago, Mysterious_Fish said:

I want 7 and 8 rn

you will wait with everyone else