Prank goes Awry

Scurvy

The season has finally started the Vancouver Wolves have had the roughest start imaginable.  Currently last place in the NA, they have one win…..yes, ONE!  A team packed with talent and young hungry prospects. What’s to blame?  Is it lack of offense?  For sure that is part of it.  Newly appointed Captain Logan Ninefingers has been absent with only 2 goals. 

But what else? Physicality?  Nope, they have been hitting well and Guntis has notched his first two fights. 

How bout curses?  Who believes in those anymore?  The Chicago Cubs certainly don’t after finally winning albeit it took a long time.  Why, you might ask.  

Well, it was the first day of the season and the Wolves were happily going about their day waiting for that tell-tale discord alert that VHL Simulations Games 1-15 had begun so we could anxiously slam the buttons of our phones to see how we did.  But that didn’t happen….  

What did happen was as horrific as the Titanic sinking when Wolves’ rookie Defenseman Bollos De Treuno @Thunderposted in the locker room, “Excellent wins for today. What a great way to start the season. 2-0. Let’s keep it going.”

Now a pretty normal post as far as locker room jargon goes so there was no alarm or suspicion from the first two teammates who posted, myself and @Smarch. BUT, both of us became confused when we could find no evidence that games have been simmed. 

So when asked, Bollos stated , “ Ha Ha. I coulnte take it any longer. I had to make a good prediction and get the dialogue started. Good fight Riley, And Rip, too bad he got his ass kicked!!  Dalkr’s shutout was impressive.”

Now anyone who has ever played a competitive sport knows that there is a risk when speaking to a hot goalie in the 2nd period intermission about his chance at a shutout or that MLB pitcher going for that elusive no hitter only to have a reliever say something stupid like, “Only one more inning and you got the shutout buddy.  The Karmic Gods do much to punish such foolery. 

AND PUNISH THEY DID!   Trueno’s prank was met with a mix of light hostility as he was told of the consequences of upsetting the Cosmic STHS.  So as a team we awaited the results of such a “prank.”  And like Poseidon, Simon crushed his Trident into the Wolves proverbial 5 hole. 

GIF by Gorton's Fisherman

The first day SIM saw us 0-2 with a big loss to NA leading Chicago but then losing to LA in a low scoring affair where rookie Roger Eagles dominated the Wolves. 

But it didn’t end there.  Day 2 came seeing the Wolves lose to division foes DC and Toronto in some close games to go 0-4. 

Day 3 came and again the Wolves lost to New York showing that Simon wasn’t done with our furry friends.  0-5 before lightning struck and the Wolves got their first win against long time hated rival, the Seattle Bears by the score of 6-2.  

So, for those who don’t believe in Karma you only need to read this post!  It's real and it's with our sincerest hope that Simon is appeased, and the punishment is over!   I think I can speak for all of the Wolves that Trueno will be punished accordingly for his grave error and he is currently responsible for cleaning Guntis’s @Girtsunderwear by hand for the rest of the season.  

@Frank @Gaikoku-hito@Beketov

41 minutes ago, VattghernCZ said:

I wonder how long until @Gaikoku-hito starts thinking about a guillotine again

heads GIF

Beat me to the punch line!! LOL!!

Schitts Creek Pain GIF by CBC

As I was already thinking of this but sadly we need the little punk @Thunder Trueno in future seasons!!

So we have to let it ride!!

daisy duck donkey GIF

At least we will be riding @Thunder all season now!! LOL!!