S96 Miami Marauders

Scurvy

Another week closer to the start of the S96 season and the end to this miserable off-season.  Not a ton going on in the league but there are some things I want to chat about to mow up 1000 words. 

First off, after about a year of almost clicking on “apply” for various AGM jobs I finally gained enough guts to click and apply for the AGM job in Miami.  Such a great franchise and an exceptional GM there in @Ricer13 made it easy to want to go to work for the team to hunt for a championship while learning from one of the best. 

Part of me has always been hesitant because I feared I just didn’t know enough about the league (I still don’t) but there is only one way to learn, I guess.  In that we already had a great locker room vibe in Miami, and it makes it easy to want to be part of such a great group of people.  Since we're on the subject, let’s look at this year’s Miami Marauders!

FORWARDS: 

With some great additions in the off-season the Pre-season rankings have the Marauders with the second-best offense going in.  If all players stay and aren’t called up, Miami will have a formidable offense.  

Jacob Longstreet- @Dynamicmlb_42- returning to Miami for another year, Longstreet had 91 points in S95 to go with 142 hits. A true leader on the club and loves to win.  Former two-time Founder’s cup champ he also has an Alexander Chershenko trophy, Ethan Osborne Trophy, and Mitch Higgins Trophy.  Comes hard to practice each day and it will be no surprise to see him break the 50-goal mark.

Elf Shoes @ELF_SH0ES- at 339 TPE he is the highest among the Miami roster.  A Davos draft pick he played last season for a now defunct Oslo Storm where he scored 20 goals.  Played in Miami in S94 and the team welcomed him back with open arms especially since in S94 he had 37 goals 42 assists for 79 points.  With Elf Shoes on the wing for Longstreet they could be deadly.

Luc Moreau @minman- The #6 overall pick in the dispersal draft LM returns back to his home in Miami where last season he sniped 20 goals in just 50 games.  He can throw his weight around and move up and down the lineup easily.  His best quality though is the fact that he stole a lot of my picks in a recent hockey fantasy draft!!   LOL.    We expect great things from Luc as he grows throughout the season.  

Armas Jortikka @Kavadar- Another former Marauder coming back from the E to join his club. 304 TPE to start the season Armas can easily fill the role of power forward for the Marauders.  In S93 he had 26 goals and 160 hits and S94 he sniped 27 goals and 172 hits.  Great addition to the club and brings that much needed grit to grind for 72 games. 

Andreas Andreasen @Rjdixon01- The 34th overall pick in S96 by the DC Dragons this 606 center is returning Miami for some more development.  Last season he notched 18 goals 22 assists for 40 points. 70 PIMS and 183 hits will fit in nicely with a club who rewards players that play with some sandpaper in their game.  

Anthony Simmons II @Starchychaff-   A Renaissance Cup to his name in the last season of the VHLE AS2 brings huge size at 608 and a winning attitude.  A great locker room asset and some game changing skills.  331 TPE currently he will slot nicely into the lineup and put up some big numbers.  34 goals and 76 points in his last VHLM season for Halifax (S94).  Miami fans are in for a treat with AS2.

Danny Ross @Spartakiller2- A Miami staple, DR has played two seasons with the Marauders and really hit his mark last season.  34 goals 51 assists he is the playmaker that every team wants but rarely finds.  Added to this he smacked 235 hits last season and 6 game winning goals.  

Grog Strongjaw @Grog Strongjaw- Probably the best name on the team Grog is a first gen drafted 25 overall.  He has already made a name for himself in the locker room as a steady presence and has shown promise in earning that much needed TPE.  A giant of a man at 608 and 230lbs he will slot nicely on any line.  Guaranteed fan favorite. 

Jerry Box @barryst- The final forward on our roster is VHLM All-star Jerry Box.  A do it all right winger he can hit, score, play defense, and most of all wins. Two-time cup winner in Saskatoon and Vladamir Boomchenko Trophy winner he is well over a point a game player and great veteran presence for the new Marauders.  

DEFENSE

When we look at defense the Marauders aren’t quite as stacked as they are on forwards.  This doesn’t mean they aren’t studs on the back end though.  

Don Jagr @koty_k- Another GIANT of a man and Marauder veteran he comes in at 225 TPE.  Last season he played like a stud with 15 goals 48 assists for 63 points nad 219 bone jarring hits, 84 PIMS, and 148 blocked shots. Already after one full season he is almost in the top 25 of penalty minutes leaders for Miami all-time.  I’m guessing after this season he will be near the top. 

Narnia Shaw @Dabnad- The 8th overall pick in this year’s draft by Helsinki this is a gold mine pick if he stays with the club and isn’t called up.  Played 22 games with Miami last season and dominated.  A pure leader on defense that can pass like few can.  59 assists last season with a whole off-season to condition and grow I can see him earning some defensive trophies in his future. 

LANDO @Lando10- at 608 250lbs he fits the mold in Miami.  Big and nasty to play against.  Currently 77 TPE but no update since Aug 11 has me worried, he won’t be around.  Hopefully Lando fills into his size and punishes forwards all season.

Kasper Saarinen @Gage2- Another Founder Cup winner from Saskatoon to join Miami and bring that winning attitude.  Had a great season help quarterback the defense in Miami lastg season and scored a bunch.  18 goals (7 power play) 61 assists for 79 points.  191 hits and 162 blocked shots shows you what kind of player he is.  No weaknesses in his game and he will only get better as season moves on.  

GOALIES

No team in the VHLM can be successful without a good goalie.  Miami has two goalies looking to take them to the next level this season.

Draw Mac @okochastar- DM’s lucky number must be 11.  He was drafted by Miami at #11 and this year’s draft to Helsinki at #11.  Last season for Miami he was a work horse winning 35 games 21 losses, 9 OTL, with a .922 Save %, and 2.04 GAA.  Added to this he had 7 shutouts.  Great numbers that will only improve with some added TPE.  Look for him to be the goalie looking to set some great numbers in S96.

RicerFourteen @Bombshuka- A solid backup that started 50 games last season for Philly, winning 32 and only losing 15 games.  .901 Save % and 2.56 this gives Miami a 1A option as the season progresses. 

There you have it!  The S96 Miami Marauders.  Best of luck everyone . 

1240 words 

Will claim for Oct 20 and Oct 27

Review: what do you have against a picture or two in media spots? In all seriousness it was a good read on the roster for miamis upcoming season. They are in good hands with you and Ricer at the helm. The media spot itself was a good read with a lot of in depth stats from S95. Good luck to you and everyone in Miami!

13 hours ago, Smarch said:

hat do you have against a picture or two in media spots

LOL.   I totally agree but every time I try to add a logo or photo it says file is too big and have reached my size limit???   I deleted photos in my profile page but still said photos were too large??  Ideas for a tech noob?