Claimed:Sunday Night Desperation [Final: 6/6]

Will

• Senior Admin

Helsinki-Cologne Christmas Party

In just mere seasons, many analysts and experts expect their to be a great power struggle for European Conference dominance between the continually improving Helsinki Titans and Cologne Express. With the Riga Reign poised to soon enter rebuild, mostly due to team-wide arthritis issues, the anticipated rivalry could come into full swing at any moment. A lot of people might expect said rivalry to become heated, fierce, and full of bad blood such as the Riga-Davos rivalry or the Riga-Seattle feud of S37 (notice a trend?). 

It appears, however, that the players and management of Cologne and Helsinki are determined to keep things friendly in the European Conference. In an effort to do this, management of both organization agreed to organize an inter-team Christmas party! The event was held at the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten in Hamburg, Germany and was attended by every player and staff member from both teams, with one exception - Kimmo Salo from Helsinki. Additionally, there were a few notable special guests, including Mitch Higgins (former Helsinki General Manager), Joey Kendrick (former Cologne General Manager), and Phil Villeneuve (Riga defenseman as well as expert party planner).

Roger-Sterling-smoking1-540x323.png

Mitch Higgins enjoying a complimentary German cigarette.

The evening appears to have gone tremendously. As I mentioned above, noteworthy Riga Reign defenseman and famed party planner Phil Villeneuve was extended an invitation in exchange for his expertise. He even somehow arranged for the event to receive an exemption from Germany's ban on smoking inside public buildings. In addition to an unlimited supply of alcohol and cigarettes, the event also featured pool tables, blackjack, a live band, and a large dance floor. Of course, a meal was also served - authentic German schnitzel!

We were allowed inside the party for only a short amount of time, but we were able to ask a few questions to some of the attendees:

Q: Who's the drunkest person in here?

Vince Wong: From what I've seen Draper is pretty bombed, but Naomi Young is definitely white girl wasted right now!

Q: What do you think of this inter-team party thing?

Logan Laich: Well actually I thought we were playing a game here tonight. I was kind of confused that it was at a hotel but like I didn't really like, you know, know what's up in Germany. So like I showed up all geared up with my skate-guards on, then when I realized it was a party kind of thing I had to borrow some clothes from my main bro Thomas O'Malley.

pete-campbell.jpg

Even O'Malley had a drink!

Although uncommon, inter-team events such as this one are not completely obsolete from the modern VHL, with the infamous Riga-Seattle Ice Cream Party taking place mere seasons ago. That's all the coverage we have for now, but it should be interesting how this bonding affects the predicted rivalry.

• Senior Admin

I'd give this media spot a 5/6 due to the lack of good teams being invited to the xmas party.

Jardy was in attendance and we wanted to protect him from fades - otherwise you would have been at the top of the VIP list. 

Content: 3/3

Barely squeaked into the word count (471), but it passes. I liked the story, but I totally wish there was more. 

Grammar: 2/2

You missed a number of commas in the dialogue, but since it was direct quotations, it's possible that the players spoke without breathing. Who knows?

• experts expect there to be - homophone, wrong "their"

Appearance: 1/1

Great pictures. Mad men always adds class to a party. 

Edited by pxzero