McQueen Sticks With Reign

Jamie

With the trade deadline passing and just a few deals made, it's now clear that Brennan McQueen will be spending the remainder of this season and his career with the Riga Reign. Some thought that he might be traded to compete for one last cup but that is not the case. We caught up with the veteran forward to get a statement.

"It was a touch decision. I wanted to help out the Riga Reign franchise for all they have done for me but at the same time I didn't feel it was worth it to ruin what I have with this team. I spent my entire career with this team after they traded for me and I can't picture myself in another jersey. I've also worn the C every single game I've played in the VHL and that is huge to me. If I didn't already have a Cup, it might have been easier for me to leave but winning one with the Reign and coming so close a second time is good enough for me. I just feel like if I left and didn't help the team I went to win that I'd regret that decision for the rest of my life so I'm here to stick in Riga. Jim Gow the GM understood completely and left it open for me to decide so I thank him for that. I'm just going to enjoy playing hockey for the rest of my career and hope that the fans are happy with my decision to stay."