Claimed:Interview Time With Simon Valmount [Final 6/6]

Ahma

Justin+Falk+Minnesota+Wild+v+Colorado+Av

How did the regular season go?

Yeah, Minot claimed me off waivers late in the season right after I became available. I’m happy about it. But in those 13 regular season games I played, it didn’t go as well as I expected. I should have played a little better. But I’m still glad about it, you know? We had 3 losses and 10 wins, since I joined Minot. I don’t think that I had much effect on our games; we have stars like Vogon Jeltz and Hans Wingate who should take most of the credit, but others did well too. I focus on helping my team mates. Scoring is not one my strengths, I didn’t get any goals. That's probably because I don’t shoot the puck very much. 6 assists in 13 games? Not bad I guess, but I should have done better. First of all, I should have played way more aggressively, only 7 hits! Plus 5 is decent, but playing on such a good team as the Gladiators, it should have been something like +10 or even better.

tumblr_mgbjdx3TLc1qllkhbo6_r1_250.gif

What do you think about the ongoing playoffs?

I have been disappointed with my performance in the playoffs so far. This is the last season of the Minot Gladiators, and we want to end it with style. Our team is young and inexperienced, but we have many skilled players, such as the aforementioned Vogon Jeltz and Hans Wingate, along with Jack Ryan and Tim TebowGow. Playoffs are a great chance to show everyone what you are made of. So far I haven’t shown what I’m really able to do, so I expect myself to do much better, I have room for improvement. I have faith in my team. Hopefully we will have a long run in the playoffs.

The series with Ottawa Lynx is at the moment 2 wins for Ottawa and 2 wins for us, a tough series for sure!

How about your ice time?

I don’t want to worry about my ice time, I leave it to our coach and I always do my best. But I must admit, I like getting points. Which line I play in? Doesn’t really matter, I get along with everyone and I don't care about which line I play as long as I can help the team!

hi-res-450113777-ryan-oreilly-of-the-col

What do you think about living in Minot?

I’m already used to live here in Minot, I learn very fast. Of course everything is different compared to Finland, two completely different countries (USA and Finland). Even though it’s very nice here, I miss my homeland.

I don’t think that I would have any problems moving to another city when I’ll get drafted, because I haven’t spent a long time here, I’m not overly attached to Minot, but I will miss my team mates.

The traffic accident, any comments about it?

Oh yeah, the traffic accident. I think 6300$ fine was too much, but I just have to deal with it. And my car! It got crushed, now I have to drive a loan car, haha. But I consider myself lucky, because I didn’t get any big injuries and I’m able to continue playing the sport which I love. I was on the news and the news about me wasn’t very positive, so it made my reputation a bit worse.

tumblr_mgbjdx3TLc1qllkhbo3_r1_250.gif

Edited by Ahma

Content: 3/3- Good interview based article. Keep up the good work.

Grammar: 2/2- Not bad. 

Appearance: 1/1- I am gonna give you the mark this time. Next article if you can have the text the average font size that would be much appreciated not only by me but the other graders. Make it hard to focus on. Had to squint to read it lol.

Final 6/6