Claimed:Ruutu talks draft stuff [Final 6/6]

jRuutu

phKaHb4.png?1

Getting drafted is just one step in  hockey players career but as we quite often see , it´s a important step. Very rarely you see players coming undrafted and making it to the top. Draft number does not automatically mean you will make it , that´s when the real work starts.  First round pressure and the expectations will be too much for some players. They just don´t have the passion and dedication in them so they could live up to the hype that first round players quite often get.   Later round picks can train without too much pressure from the media and from the fans. At the end of the day , draft number is just a number. It´s what you do after the draft that matters.  

We met Ottawa Lynx forward Jorma Ruutu,  who is getting ready to be drafted into the VHL.

Hello Jorma! How are you ?

Ruutu: Morning! Everything going just fine. I´ve been working really hard for few months now. Nothing like back in Finland. This has been the hardest  i have ever worked out. Hopefully the scouts who have been watching me play have noticed that too and it all pays off in the draft.

Are you excited about the draft?

Ruutu: For sure! This is what we train for. When i moved from Finland to Ottawa , that was the first real moment when i noticed that i could be drafted.  Ever since i´ve done my absolute best in the practice. On and off the ice.

Any idea what round you will be picked?

Ruutu: I must be totally honest with you , i have no idea. I´ve been watching some of the rankings but it´s hard to say really. Getting drafted is the dream but if everything goes really well , i might be a first round pick. That would be awesome but that´s purely from the rankings and rumours i´ve been hearing lately. Draft day is a special day. Anything can happen.

What is your favorite team in VHL?

Ruutu: I don´t really have one.  I just like to watch and play hockey. Whatever team decides to pick me , i´m more than happy to play in that team and do my best. I still have a long way to go before i get to show what i can do in the big league. Slowly and steadily making progress is the key to success. 

Hectic week coming up?

Ruutu: Looks like that.  Luckily i´m not a top 5 pick , those guys really have to do lot´s of interviews and stuff like that. On the go all day long. I can still walk around Ottawa without anybody knowing who i am. One of the perks of being somewhat unknown player.  I´ve been thinking of getting a tattoo just before the draft so i can stand there and show my brand new tattoo. Not sure where i´m going to get it but some kind dragon related graphic has been on my mind lately. We shall see if i´m going to get it now , or some point next season.

Thanks for the interview Jorma , Good luck in the draft! 

Content: 3/3- good interview based article. Good luck in the upcoming draft, perhaps we will continue to be team-mates, 

Grammar: 2/2- just one really weird one. 

i´m more than happy to play in that team and do my best. ---> i'm more than happy to play on that team and do my best. 

Appearance: 1/1- Looks great man keep it up.

Final 6/6