Claimed:Harumpf 500tpe Presser! [Final 6/6]

Harumpf

Harumpf Reaches 500 TPE! Holds Press Conference to Celebrate!

0.jpg

It's okay you can smile now humble Harumpf!

Well, the little bulbous bowling ball has hit an important milestone, 500tpe. Not bad for a 5'5" 250 pound guy from Middelfart Denmark. Harumpf is heading into his 3rd season as a pro and remains one of the rays of light for the Helsinki franchise in Season 43. He is now here to answer any questions you might have about him, his play, his team, etc.

Ask Away!

(Please post questions below, I will answer them by adding to the original post)

---

photo-thumb-91.jpg?_r=1427472235

Phil Asks:

How hard is it to maintain a positive attitude with such a dismissive and pessimistic name?

No not at all, indeed Harumpf is a word used in the all time great movie Blazing Saddles to express displeasure, but it's also a great name for a dwarf, of which Harumpf is the closest we have in the VHL. In fact the best part about my name is when I scored on teams, they can say my name aloud to express their displeasure over me beating them. So it works out pretty well. HARUMPF!

When you first started out here, did you ever conceive that you'd reach 500 practice hours?

I never thought I'd make it to 100 practice hours, let alone 500. I figured I'd be semi-active and slowly plug away at practice, but being on some active teams helped me continue to improve. I started to have fun and want to make a difference. Winning the cup in Bratislava with that group and winning the Oates Trophy was a big factor in staying motivated. I also had some good feedback on my media and general story-line for Harumpf so I got more into things around here.

Who's your favourite teammate? Anyone who's taken you under their wing and been a big influence to you?

In junior it was without question Sachimo Zoidberg. We made magic together in S40. In the pros on Helsinki I've had awesome teammates, but I'd have to say Jake Wylde was my biggest influence. He helped me a lot after I was drafted and I wanted to keep working hard so I did not let him down. I think I have done that thus far.

Do you have a rival or enemy in the VHL?

Nope, everyone loves Harumpf. I've had a friendly back and forth sometimes with Jody 3Moons, we were teammates in Bratislava and he always wanted to be as good as me. He still has some work to do to get there. He's benefited from playing his first 2 seasons with hall of famers so his numbers were a bit inflated. Skill-wise he knows I am the man though. ;)

Thanks for the questions Phil!

photo-thumb-1.png?_r=1423448599

Higgins Asks:

How many days straight did you cry when you realized Faraday had been traded away?

I cried for 2 straight days. Realizing he had been taken away from me just when we were about to make magic on a line together. I built as a playmaker with the idea of setting Faraday up for goals, then he left me and we will never know what could have been. I cried more for him than myself because I know he wants to be the best scorer in the league and without me he might not get there now. I wish him luck though. He's a great player.

What inspires you to be so... nauseating?

:lol:I can only assume this is in reference to my pants sharting incident of S41 and my cup farting comments in S42. Both of which bring me joy to know I have nauseated you, lol. I have a unique brand of humor and now that I feel more comfortable around here and in the locker room, I'm coming out of my shell a little bit. I try to mention things that I think are funny that others may be nervous to talk about, like sharting themselves, etc. Harumpf's goal is to bring joy and disgust to all those around him. I know you will miss me.

As a S40 draftee you have 5 more seasons, do you think you can pass the big 1000 TPE?

Oh man, I don't know, that seems like a lot of tpe when I'm only really earning 7 a week, lol. I think I can maybe make 800+ but haven't crunched the numbers. I'll always max out my tpe every week with radio and media spots along with the occasional fantasy tpe, so if that puts me in line for 1000tpe then I think maybe I could get there. 800-900 seems more realistic though. I definitely have no plan of slowing down.

-Thanks for the questions Higgins! Don't miss me too bad. ;)

[780 Words]

Edited by Harumpf

How hard is it to maintain a positive attitude with such a dismissive and pessimistic name?

When you first started out here, did you ever conceive that you'd reach 500 practice hours?

Who's your favourite teammate? Anyone who's taken you under their wing and been a big influence to you?

Do you have a rival or enemy in the VHL?

How many days straight did you cry when you realized Faraday had been traded away?

What inspires you to be so... nauseating?

As a S40 draftee you have 5 more seasons, do you think you can pass the big 1000 TPE?

:cheers: