Claimed:A New General Manager in Seattle?

Ball

New GM in Seattle?

With the recent absence of Bears' general manager Greg Harbinson, one man has decided to step up and fill his shoes. After a win over the rebuilding New York Americans, second year forward Sebastian Ball Jr. stood up and requested the attention of his teammates. "I have an announcement to make," stated Ball Jr. to his teammates. "The era of Greg is over and now it is my time to shine. From now on you can call me your friend, your teammate, and the general manager of your sorry asses." And as soon as it had started, it was over, as Ball Jr. left the locker room and headed to the post game conference. "I don't know what he is on," said goaltender Steven Smyl. "But whatever it is, can you guys get me some?" After the recent attacks on the VHL in which Ball Jr. went incognito for several weeks, it seems the young forward has become an entirely new person. He has put out personal ads on Craigslist in order to acquire more offensive weapons for the Bears, wears a fake mustache when he is not at practice or competing in an exhibition, and now has declared that he is in charge of the Bears and Seattle's hockey operations. Bears' management put out a statement shortly after the media caught wind of Ball’s antics, which stated that, "Sebastian Ball Jr. is not and will never be the general manager of our Bears' organization. He is here for one reason and one reason only and that is to help our offense score goals and win games. With that said, Greg Harbinson is on personal leave and should be back as soon as he sees fit."

2qvgqba.jpg

After conversing with the owners of the Seattle Bears, Ball Jr.'s antics have seem to have caught them off guard just as much as it has the public

No one knows what has exactly happened to Greg Harbinson, the newest general manager of the Seattle Bears, but the police have filed a missing persons report and are looking into his disappearance. Harbinson took over the position a few seasons ago, after former general manager and current Board of Governor’s member Noah Lefevre decided to step down to pursue “bigger and better” things in life. Harbinson was doing a phenomenal job picking up where Lefevre had started, as the Seattle organization was finally making its way to becoming a competitive team within the North American Conference. But, out of the blue, Harbinson stopped coming to the Bears’ practices and missed countless press conferences this past week. The organization as a whole, but mainly the players, was becoming a bit concerned with their general manager’s absence and was in a panic. “I mean it’s like complete chaos in the locker room know a days,” said Seattle center Sergey Brovalenko. “I was thinking about taking the reins, but all the sudden this guy stands up and announced that he was taking over. Everyone kind of looked at each other and just went with it.”

n2ibmt.jpg

Since declaring himself general manager, Ball Jr. has shown up and skated in a suit every practice, claiming he is getting closer to his players despite his new role in the organization

Since self-promoting himself to general manager, it seems that Sebastian Ball Jr. has been hard at work. He has reportedly contacted several teams about acquiring pieces to help the Bears compete in S35. While no names were given as to whom he was trying to trade or trade for, Ball Jr. let us know, “when it goes through, the whole VHL is going to be taken by storm.” “Obviously you have seen my Craigslist ad in the papers right? Hilarious I know,” continued Ball Jr. as he kicked his feet up on Mr. Harbinson’s desk. “But in all honesty, I am looking to acquire a big name, offensive juggernaut from a certain team that shall not be named. I have also looked into the possibility of shipping off a couple players, just in case I can’t put the trigger on this player. The only problem is no one has more than 2 first round picks this season. And I am no push over, so if you want my players, you’re going to have to meet me 70 percent of the way.” After talking to Ball Jr., we met up with a few higher up within the Seattle Bears’ organization who reassured us that, “the man is not the general manager for crying out loud. In fact, we have no clue how he keeps getting into Mr. Harbinson’s office. We have told the janitor to lock the door time and time again, but I don’t know if the man understands a lick of English. There won’t be any transactions performed while Mr. Ball pretends he is general manager. As of right now, we are happy where the status of the teams stands and will wait upon Mr. Harbinson’s return to reevaluate anything personnel wise.”

Edited by sball66

Content: 3/3 - Great attempt at leadership/coup/whatever. Nice for the Bears to know you're silently there... lurking... waiting to take the reins when the moment is right. Additionally, an alternative title for this story: Greg Harbinson's Day Off.

Grammar: 2/2 - Pretty good for the most part:

know a days = now a days
be taken by storm.” “Obviously you = No need for both to have quotation marks, just keep it together.

Appearance: 1/1 - Ayyyyyyy!

Overall: 6/6 - Success!

Content: 3/3 - A funny story about Ball attempting to take over as the head of Seattle. I'd imagine this led to a pretty awkward scene when Greg came back and reasserted control. Maybe Ball is on the block now ?  :P

Grammar: 2/2 - Just one more.

Bears' general manager = Bears general manager

Appearance: 1/1 - Solid.

Overall: 6/6

FINAL: 6/6

• 1 month later...