Claimed:Thomas Duddy Interview [Final 6/6]

Duddy

http://www.nadinemuller.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/job-interview.jpg *

Welcome to this special question and answer session with the newest and hottest Helsinki Titan, Thomas Duddy. After bursting on the scene in the VHLM in season 42, Duddy went 6ht overall (if I recall right) to the team from Suomi. After being ranked rather low on his list of teams he likes to be drafted, Thomas Duddy seemed pretty unhappy on his way to the podium. Now that over a week has passed, Duddy called the press in for another one of his famous media sessions.

Q: Were you surprised that the Helsinki titans drafted you?

TD: Not really, considering their GM called me just a few hours before the draft telling me that he really wants me and he's planning on trading up to get me. And now here I am sitting in Helsinki, waiting to get back to Ottawa.

Q: Rumour had it that you really wanted to go to New York and already visited the facilities there.

TD: Yeah, I had some really good talks with the GM and some of the guys on the team and I was really expect it to be my landing spot. But like I said, the Titans GM called me and I knew I wouldn't be going to the big apple. The Americans GM was rather unhappy when I told him that, but at least they got that Ruutu guy so they should be happy.

Q: So no ill will towards Helsinki for destroying your dream of becoming the next Frank Sinatra?

TD: No, the fuck you're talking about? I would've played for any team that would've drafted me. But like I said some teams would've been more appealing than others, but I'm happy with being in Europe. It would've been cool to be closer to home, but still a lot closer than Quebec or that other weird city in Canada.

Q: The Lynx are already back in action and many experts around the league have pegged you as the top player this season, considering you're the highest TPE guy that comes back down. Do you think you are the best player in the league?

TD: I probably should be, but I'm not looking mainly at points here. Last season I put up a lot of points while not worrying about much else, but this season is different, I try to work on my weaknesses to get ready to play in the VHL next season. Others will probably have more points, but I really don't care about any of them.

Q: Ottawas only downfall seems to be that they can't get stable goaltending, do you agree?

TD: Yeah, I think that really holds us back. I mean our GM tried everything to get us a goalie, but up until now it just didn't work out. I hope we really get one at the deadline or earlier. I think we're pretty much set everywhere else. But if we can't get one, we just have to score more goals.

Q: Thank you for the interview.

TD: No problem.

*tried to put a Picture in but the site kept crashing, same goes for colours, so I couldn't add Picture or Format it in anyway.

Content: 3/3 - Pretty close on word limit (506) and definitely less than 500 without TD, and Q, but I will not retract. 

Grammar: 1.75/2 - Overall it was good, some of the syntax was questionable, overall though it was well structured for an interview that is more conversational based.  

I was really expect  - I was really expecting
I try to - I will try to  

others - other players (clarification)

Rumour - Rumor (could be American thing, gonna pass on it due to that)

6ht - 6th

Appearance: 1/1 - I'll give you benefit of the doubt, I had very similar issues. Hopefully next article will turn out better in that regard :cheers:

Overall: 5.75/6 :cheers:

Content: 3/3 - Good on the word count.

Grammar: 2/2 - A few little things. Also, to correct Taron, "rumour" is correct. It's the Canadian way of spelling it, much like humour, neighbour, etc.

"season 42" - Season 42. Season should be capitalized, as it's the title of the season.

"6ht overall" - 6th

"and I was really expect" - expecting

"for destroying your dream of becoming the next Frank Sinatra?" - from becoming

"Ottawas only downfall" - Ottawa's

Appearance: 1/1 - Fine.

Overall: 6/6

Averaged Overall: 6/6

Edited by DollarAndADream

• 2 weeks later...