Claimed:A Boy in the Shadows: Where has Solomon been? [Final 6/6]

Wilson

A Boy in the Shadows: Where has Solomon been?

As we all knew when he joined the league, Casper Solomon has always had trouble throughout his life with committing. The tragic passing of his father whom he was very close with throughout his whole life almost ended his career altogether. After coming into the league with Brampton briefly last season and contributing when he could, Solomon has now found himself on the Riga Reign but is currently playing for the Bern Royals of the VHLM.

He has been simply going through the motions in Bern so far but lately he seems to have a different look in his eyes. I was able to catch up with Solomon for a bite of food after practice one day to see what had been the issue and where his head is at now. Here are some excerpts from that chat:

Bengt Nylund

Casper Solomon

BN: Well Casper, it’s no secret that Bern was quite pleased to be able to land you this past draft. However you haven’t quite been yourself. Talk about the way you’ve been playing so far this season.

CS: I think my natural ability has been able to carry me a decent way this season. Through the 12 games so far I’ve been able to contribute a bit but just not at the level that I know I should be able to.

BN: Yes. Not to sound brash but I don’t think it’s an overstatement or surprise to say that we all expected you to start off better here and have more than just 1 goal and 6 assists. How do you plan on changing this for the rest of the year?

CS: Luckily I have had a change of attitude. Over the past while I’ve really been struggling again on dealing with the passing of my father. He was a very important man to me but it’s time to really put my dream in my sights because I know it’s obviously what he would want from me. I’ve been working harder in the gym and on the ice and I’ve been trying to get a long with my team mates a little better. I’ve been very distant from everyone during this period and really have only talked to my friend , Maxim Doskov, who lives in Russia so really I’ve been a bit of a loner.

I’m going to put my ass on the line and earn everything and try and help Bern win a championship. We all want to be winners and I always have been able to win in every league I’ve been in. I don’t plan on stopping now and I’d like to help Bern with and not simply have them winning games in spite of my efforts.

BN: Well sure. It’s been great to hear from you and we hope you don’t stay a stranger like you had been. It would be great to have you back and we hope to see the hard work you’ve been putting in pay off on the ice! 

496 words

Edited by Wilson

Content: 3/3 - Good article. Glad to have you back!

Grammar: 2/2 -

"get a long" - along

"and I’d like to help Bern with"  - help Bern win

Appearance: 0.75/1 - You didn't use any images like the criteria asks for, so I have to dock a little for that.

Overall: 5.75/6

Content 3/3 Nice article, and welcome back

Grammar 2/2 Dollar got everything

Appearance 0.75/1 Nice different font colors but like dollar said it needs some images.

Overall 5.75/6

Final 6/6