The Calvary Arrives In Calgary [Final 6/6]

Ball

Wranglerz Gon Wrang

As the plane circled Calgary International Airport, Tyler Cote prepared for his new life in Alberta. If you asked him a week ago if he thought he would be on a plane to Calgary right now, he would have laughed in your face. A former captain and third overall pick of the Toronto Legion, Cote thought he was going start and end his career as a member of the Legion. But after the loss to the future Continental Cup Champion Seattle Bears in the first round of the S43 VHL Playoffs, the realization kicked in that Toronto was heading in the opposite direction quick as the fourth year center from Ontario. With the impending retirement of netminder Mike “Shutkowski” Szatkowski Jr., the Legion were left high and dry at arguably the most important position in all of hockey. So, when he got the call early Monday morning from new GM Sachimo Zoidberg, it came as no surprise that he would be leaving his hometown.

467265944_slide.jpg

Cote may have not lived up to Toronto's expectations, but he was a team oriented player who gave it all for the Legion.

When the plane landed, Cote looked out the window upon the massive crowd amassed just outside the gate. There was no way they were here to welcome the former Legionnaire, hell, Cote’s own mother didn’t like him that much. When you’re the loud-mouthed, arrogant star for a team like the Legion, you learn to duck and hide when you are in the cities of your conference rivals. Outside of Toronto, fans couldn’t stand Tyler because when he beat you, he let you know about it. But it never bothered him to much that he wasn’t well liked; it only added to the fire that kept Tyler striving to be the best player on the ice. Besides, if the fans are booing you at every away game, you know you’re doing your job and you’re doing a hell of a job at that. So, with his dufflebag in tow and Dre Beats bumping, Cote walked off the plane, prepared for the worst Calgary could dish out this time around. But as he rounded the corner and entered the terminal, he took off his headphones to the roar of hundreds of ecstatic Calgary fans. It was like music to his ears.

After meeting a ton of fans and checking out some of the sick makeshift Cote’ Calgary jerseys, Tyler was gripped up by Wranglers’ security and taken to a limo. Tyler was scheduled to attend a press conference where general manager, Austin Gow, would introduce both Cote and forward Jackson Miller, who missed the early flight most likely mackin on some bishes back home. The room was jam packed with reporters from all over Alberta, ready to ask Cote a million questions and tear him apart when he said something they didn’t like. Cote hated the media but never shut up when they were around, so normally they would flock to each other. Talking to the young center was like holding a lit match near a can of gas, something crazy would happen eventually. But nearly an hour of question went by and not a single chair was thrown by either side. Back and forth, Cote and Miller were asked every question imaginable; these people were excited to have the two in Calgary. Maybe Calgary wouldn’t be so bad afterall.

IMG_1665_std.jpg

Tyler Cote will be donning the usual number 19 instead of 10 in Season 44, but Calgary might need to spell check Cote next time.

“I’m ecstatic to be here and ready to begin my career as a member of an organization with a decorated history such as Calgary,” stated Cote at the end of the presser. “I’m gonna miss Toronto a hell of a lot, I mean it’s my hometown, it’s all I’ve known for most of my life. But, ever since I arrived, I have felt at home here in Alberta. I am excited to get to work tomorrow and meet my new teammates. And later I’ll have to hit up church and thank god I don’t have to face off again WinGod ever again. I want to thank the organization for bringing me in and Mr. Gow for making me feel right at home since I’ve arrived. We have a great group here in Calgary and I look forward to getting to know and winning alongside every single one of them. I will do everything in my power to bring the Continental Cup home to the good people of Calgary. Wranglerz gon Wrang, baby.”

Edited by Ball

Content: 3/3 - Great write-up. It will be interesting to see how you perform in Calgary. Starting my career there, I'll always have a eye on the Wranglers and good feelings for the team. They're definitely in good condition with you and Wingate heading forward.

Grammar: 2/2 - Nothing to worry about

thought he was going start and end his career - going to start and end

never bothered him to much - too much

walked off the plane, prepared for the worst - and prepared

face off again WinGod ever again - against WinGod

Appearance: 1/1 - Good.

Overall: 6/6