this Victory Cup race though

scoop

When's the last time shit has been this tight between FIVE TEAMS

13 games left for each of them, we have the Meute and Express at 90 points each, leading their respective conferences. The Vikings are just behind at 88 while the Dynamo and Wranglers sit at 85. All the top five teams within five points of each other... damn. Maybe it's not that uncommon; maybe I'm just more into the VHL this season that I'm noticing it. I'll probably do some research later tonight regarding close races, though the standings at the end of the season might not be all that close.

Take a look at the remaining schedules between these five teams though...

Cologne

Davos x2

Stockholm x5

Davos

Cologne x2

Quebec x4

Stockholm x1

Calgary x1

Quebec

Davos x4

Calgary x3

Stockholm

Cologne x5

Davos x1

Calgary x1

Calgary

Davos x1

Quebec x3

Stockholm x1

Quebec is looking like they're in the best position. Unlike Cologne, the Meute have already started their backup 8 games. Calgary has fewer games against top teams, but they still have some games left with their backup as well. Davos has the most games against other top teams (8, while all other teams but Calgary have 7). Cologne and Stockholm play a mini-playoff series in their remaining games (including four in a row at one point) which could very well be a huge swing for one team or open the door for Davos to sneak to the top of Europe if they can win games against Cologne and Stockholm and the latter two teams split their remaining games.

Exciting stuff. :cheers:

Edited by Streetlight