31 Days of Horror Challenge

Sandro

• Commissioner

Yeah, I have a hard time judging Romero films fairly because of how he ruined his own series and how full of himself he is. Night was very solid, it obviously had its campy moments but there were quite a few that were incredibly effective at building tension and getting me on the edge of my seat. As I say in the video, the final "twist" on both the main character and the viewer was a real gut punch that I quite liked.

The endings in the original trilogy also tie together quite nicely. I won't say exactly how I'm case you haven't seen them but it's actually quite eloquently done.

Dawn is still my favourite (even the remake is decent) but Night was a great way to start.

Actually enjoyed your reviews for Days 1& 2

Entertaining..and not too long winded.

Still think you should consider substitutions for 'Sleep Away Camp' and that PIece o' shi* 'Halloween 3'

Really think you'd enjoy 'the Collector' and can't see a Halloween horror film fest without 'Pumpkinhead' ;)

Actually enjoyed your reviews for Days 1& 2

Entertaining..and not too long winded.

Still think you should consider substitutions for 'Sleep Away Camp' and that PIece o' shi* 'Halloween 3'

Really think you'd enjoy 'the Collector' and can't see a Halloween horror film fest without 'Pumpkinhead' ;)

I've heard too much about the other two to drop them now. H3 intrigues me because I love the idea of those movies being an anthology series, rather than all about Michael Myers. Pretty much everyone else I've talked to about it says it would have been well received if it had any other name. I did want to get Pumpkinhead on there, but I don't have time to do double features this year.

Nice video Sandy Cohen, I was super glad it wasn't 20 minutes long.

Trying to keep them in that 4-6 minute range, because most people turn videos off if it's any longer. Also trying to add in more visuals and whatnot so it's not just me sitting there.

Called it ..

Oct 4 - VIDEODROME (1983)- Garbage 2/10 suggest. Replacement...from Cronenberg 'Scanners' OR The '80's gross fest melt flick 'STREET TRASH'

Even 'Street Trash' while stupid and offensive low budget gore candy was less of an insult than sitting thru 'Videodrome'....garbage... makes you wonder exactly what kind of drugs was Cronenberg on...

Please don't try to pass your opinions off as fact or as a representation of my own thoughts. I didn't call it garbge. It was a bizarre movie, and in the immediate moments afterwards I was freaked out by it. Cronenberg's schtick is body horror, and with that often comes a whole lot of surrealist elements. It also contains some legitimately interesting (and almost prophetic) commentary on society and their reliance on technology.

The whole idea behind Doctor O'Blivion being an avatar and "living" through the thousands of tapes he filmed isn't far off from the obsession with social media, YouTube, television/film, and entertainment in general. The difference is that Videodrome has people living through video, while many people do it through the internet. This was maybe the most interesting part of the film for me.

Anyways, with school taking over I'm falling behind on my list a bit. Going to catch up this weekend.