Claimed:Are Lego's Naturally Amphibious? [Final 6/6]

Tagger

So I did have a plan as to what to write about for my media this week, but unfortunately I left it a lot later than I intended to write about it. As it stands, I don’t really have the will to pull through and make a thousand word article this close to the deadline, so instead I’m just going to cover some points that I’ve been thinking about.

Would a Continental Cup Win For Cologne Be Good or Bad for the VHL?

At the end of Season 44, it was anticipated that the Cologne Express would consider starting a rebuild with the free agency loss of Koenig and the trading of franchise player Thomas O’Malley. However, the Express elected instead to bring less established talent like Gifford Shock and Jackson Miller onto the roster and still have a go at competing for the Continental Cup, a decision perhaps made on the basis that they were not in possession of their own first rounder, having traded it to Seattle in a three team trade that saw the Express get retiring goalie Brock Waldron. Right now, the bold move appears to be working to some degree as the Express currently occupy third place in the European Conference although they are being closely tailed by HC Davos Dynamo and the Stockholm Vikings are not too far away either.

To some degree, it would be refreshing to see Cologne come away with a Continental Cup victory. Most teams that have been in the state that the Express had been in had simply thrown the towel in and elected to start building towards the future, so it would be cool to see a team that stuck with a “Never Give Up” attitude come through with the win. At the same time though, when you consider that this “revolution” has seen a lot of inactive and semi-active players take center stage, it does make it hard to get behind them. For example, I would much rather see a team like the Dynamo, who has had every one of their roster update their player this month, make the playoffs over a team like Cologne which has a large amount of players who haven’t even posted this month.

GM Rule Players for the European Conference

This was initially going to be what I planned to write about for my media article this week, but I just didn’t have the energy to make a full media article about it. Here are the tables:

nRwx3f.png

Mzfvsc.png

Points of Note:

-          As it stands Tuomas Tukio has more TPE than anyone I have covered in my series, so I would have to imagine he is the current record holder for the most TPE in VHL history.

-          Lord Karnage may well be the person to beat Tukio however. The two-way forward has potentially three and a half seasons more to earn just over 400 TPE, which considering his current rate of earning is very doable.

-          The 6 TPE that Zack Crosby earned is the lowest amount of TPE of a player I have covered to this point. What is pretty incredible is that only one of the league’s inaugural GM Rule players from the European Conference made it past 100 TPE. I think it’s fair to say most other leagues would have died there and then if they’d had the same problem.

-          Lucas Tannahill holds the record for owning the most GM Rule players on the same team, as Vasteras’ first three GM rule players all entered the VHL under his watch.

Content 3/3 - I appreciate the thoughts to make up for the MS this week! I would've liked that GM player article too though, even if Kurtis Hunter got shafted from the Riga list!

Grammar 2/2 - Good as always.

Appearance 1/1 - nice chart!

Final 6/6 

Probably the fact that a draft pick was sacrificed to acquire you

Correct, I was planning to include these charts into a media like my last one but i guess I missed that detail.

I would've liked that GM player article too though, even if Kurtis Hunter got shafted from the Riga list!

You weren't a GM Rule Player since you were drafted by the Dynamo. You'll feature in the VHL.com article I make when I reach 11th overall though.