Cocaine in the VHL?

Zero

With the news that's broken recently about the prevalence of cocaine and other substances in the NHL, some people have turned their attention to the VHL to see if things were the same here. The VHL is pretty well-known for having much more lenient standards for its players, who often brag about how much they party, among other things.

"I'd say at least half the guys in the league are using, just like it was when I was still playing," says retired VHL Hall of Famer J.D. Stormwall, "the VHL clubs don't test for it much, if at all, and generally nobody cares to bring it up anyway."

When Stormwall was asked if he could drop any names for us, he was quick to respond. "Jardy Bunclewirth was in love with the coco. It's probably the main reason why a 3rd round pick ended up playing so well and making the Hall of Fame. Brother was doing a line every intermission. You can fight a guy on steroids, but a guy on cocaine will literally skate through a brick wall and keep going. How do you beat that?"

When we asked Stormwall if he ever partook, J.D. scoffed. "As if I'd involve myself with that. Now, if you'll excuse me..." he trailed off as he made a beeline for the bathroom. It was probably a bad idea to do this interview in a bar.

Latest rumors are of European chemists that have revived a long forgotten formula that combined a synthetic derivative of cocaine with HGH..

They're still working on eliminating the side effect and the telltale sign of usage..."Kopitar Eyes"

kopitar_anze_marty.jpg