What’s Going on with Bernie?

Fire Tortorella

What’s Going on with Bernie?

It’s no secret that Bernie Gow’s training has taken a massive dip this season. Once viewed as a potential franchise goalie, questions are beginning to surface about the young netminder’s level of commitment.

“I knew what I signed up for when I joined this team in Riga. We’re starting to see some success after the building blocks were put in place, but at the same time, I’m beginning to regret my choice of becoming a goalie. I’m not going to do anything that leaves the Reign in a bad situation, but if I were to be moved to another team, I’d have to think long and hard about the rest of my career.”

As I sit here waiting for my FM14 to finally move to January 1st (which seemingly takes like 10 minutes every time), I’m in an interesting situation. I still love the VHL, but my interest in my own player is seriously waning. I couldn’t even tell you the last time I opened up an individual game, since all there is to look at is how terrible my save percentage is and if we won or not. I really hope my time in Riga is well spent, as I know that I’ll never be creating a goalie again.