Going green [Final: 6/6]

jRuutu

Ygs7IZU.png

That is correct. From now on, I will travel the distance between my place and the practice rink here in New York, either by walking or with bicycle. The rink is not even that far away, takes about 20 minutes to get there if I drive my bicycle. Cycling is a great way to warm up. I have also noticed that I´m feeling alot better mentally. Not sure what it is, but I guess that fresh New York air really helps you to relax and to feel better. 

I did not even own a bicycle when I decided to make this little change to my habits. I visited few sport shops here in New York to see if they sell anything worth buying. Did not find anything super special. Then I asked from my friends if they know a place where you can find a cheap but still high quality bicycle?  Turns out that most of my friends are just like me, they know nothing about bicycles. Only person who even owned a bicycle was my reporter friend Dave. 

Now, I´m not a huge fan of Dave´s profession.Over the past few years he has done few articles about me. Usually pretty good stuff,but quite often I get into big trouble about something I have done or said in his interviews.  

Anyways, Dave sold me his backup bicycle ! He takes cycling seriously. He got a helmet and everything. I´m a manly man so I´m not even going to wear a helmet. The bicycle he sold me was still in pretty good shape. I don´t really know all the fine details about it but it looks nice. I had to pay 250$ for it. 

Ever since I bought the bicycle, I have just cycled all over the city. It´s not only great way to stay in shape, but also nice way to see places you would never see if you would just sit in the car. Of course cycling when the weather is not so nice is hard work. Nothing like wind and rain to wake you up in the morning !  Reminds me of my childhood back in Finland. We used to cycle every day. Even during the winter time. Rather nice memories.  One good thing about cycling during the winter time is that if you fall down, the snow protects you. At least little bit.

So far I have really enjoyed my time out there just being free and cycling all over the place. I highly recommend this to everybody. If you got some extra money, buy a bicycle. You can even buy a used one. It does not matter. It´s a great way to have fun and do something good for the environment.

Even though I don´t wear a helmet, I still highly recommend you to buy one. That thing can save your life.  These days you can buy a custom helmet with some cool graphics on it and stuff. It looks nice at least. Or some of them do.

Edited by jRuutu

• Head Moderator

Content: 2.75/3 - Wasn't super related to the league, but interesting and fun write about your move to start biking instead of taking a car or likewise.  ~500.

Grammar: 2/2 - Minimal

alot = a lot

profession.Over = profession.  Over (spacing)

spaces before exclamation points = is this typical?  never seen it before

stuff,but = stuff, but

Appearance: .75/1 - Would expect a little more, perhaps some formatting or colors?  Maybe even one more picture.

5.5/6

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Going green [Needs Second Grade]

Content: 2.75/3 - Like said, it's not the most related to the VHL that it could have been. Still an interesting article.

Grammar: 2/2 - Fresco got it.

Appearance: 0.75/1 - Pretty decent, but it just looks like a picture with a block of text.

Overall: 5.5/6

Final: 6/6