Sig of the Week/Topic of the week

boubabi

Each week, there would be a sig of the week with a theme. If people submit them and follow the theme, it would count as their XM Radio too. (So they don't have to do them (aka 7 tpe))

I think giving a guideline could motivate some members. Or maybe we could reward members with some small cash rewards. I could create personalised "Sig of the Week" winner badges.

It encourages people to create original content every week, therefore activity.

Edited by boubabi

• Commissioner

I don't much like the idea of it being a competition where people get a "winner" badge. Especially in GFX I feel as if it would be the same people winning every week which isn't fair.

I do like the idea of the bonus point for following a topic. My only worry would be if it results in every PT being basically the same in a given week and 590's becoming worthless.

I don't much like the idea of it being a competition where people get a "winner" badge. Especially in GFX I feel as if it would be the same people winning every week which isn't fair.

I do like the idea of the bonus point for following a topic. My only worry would be if it results in every PT being basically the same in a given week and 590's becoming worthless.

Yeah I think the activity of a VHL Article would be sacrificed for the activity of something that already happens. All this does is take away the VHL Fan article of one or more? I'm confused on that part.

If you look at the recent people who post in the graphic/video section, most of them doesn't do any XM radio at all. So if they have a chance to follow a guideline for their next PT and get an extra TPE for it, I'm sure they will be glad to do so. And again, I'm just suggesting an incentive, Technically, it isn't "new TPE" on the market, it's just an easiest and creative way to win tpe.

Edited by boubabi

@Beketov 

no sig is the same technically, and since it's a weekly thing, not everyone will be able to make it, so they can still post some old sig. What is better for the league, claiming old ass sigs or constantly expecting new artworks ? 

and if it works well, just do it with media spots too. 

Edited by boubabi

If you look at the recent people who post in the graphic/video section, most of them doesn't do any XM radio at all. So if they have a chance to follow a guideline for their next PT and get an extra TPE for it, I'm sure they will be glad to do so. And again, I'm just suggesting an incentive, Technically, it isn't "new TPE" on the market, it's just an easiest and creative way to win tpe.

Why would there be a guideline or posting something for a "Sig of the Week"? Wouldn't it just be post whatever graphic you were going too, and if people vote it the best you receive 1 TPE extra?

I don't think you understand the concept kendrick

Well thats somewhat evident with all the questions. I think my definition of "Sig of the Week" is different. Because in the past we did do one and it rewarded the best looking sig of the week, regardless of theme. My worry is that some guys will just post their graphic without bothering to read the theme or whatever and then only a few will qualify.

I like this idea, and I think following a theme or concept for the graphic PT could also help people improve, and also it sounds like you can have the choice of just doing a normal sig (6 tpe) OR following the theme/criteria for that extra 1 tpe, so it's not like it's forcing people to do something they don't want to do, either.