Question about carryover

scoop

• If you retire during your 7th season or 7th Off-Season of play you may retain 8% of your TPE to carry over from your former player to your new player
  • If you retire during your 8th season or 8th Off-Season of play (which is also the forced retirement point as you can not play more than 8 seasons) you may retain 7% of your TPE to carry over from your former player to your new player

Not that I'm planning on recreating, but I figure for future reference, this should probably be cleared up. I'll just use my player as an example though.

I'm going into my 8th season. If I retire and recreate now, would I get 8% or 7%? It's still my 7th off-season so that would suggest 8%, but current player would also be playing an 8th season.

• Commissioner

As far as I recall the ruling of this is that your player would only play his 8th season if you waited until pre-season to retire. If you did that you'd get the 7% because he's getting an 8th year. However, if you were to retire now (before pre-season) you would get 8 because he stops playing after 7 seasons.

I believe an off-season, carryover wise anyway, stretches from the final game of the cup final to the first game of pre-season.

• Commissioner
28 minutes ago, der meister said:

Is updating still allowed for the season once retirement is officially announced? 

Nope. Once you announce your retirement you can't add any more TPE onto that player. Also, in case you were thinking of asking, once you retire if you have any unused TPE (banked, unclaimed, etc) it disappears. You can't use it on a new player.

50 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Nope. Once you announce your retirement you can't add any more TPE onto that player. Also, in case you were thinking of asking, once you retire if you have any unused TPE (banked, unclaimed, etc) it disappears. You can't use it on a new player.

I thought you could still update the unused and banked stuff, but you couldn't update your retired player with any points earned after retirement.

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

I thought you could still update the unused and banked stuff, but you couldn't update your retired player with any points earned after retirement.

Nope. I refer you to THIS topic

• If you re-create a new player, you will not be allowed to assign any previous Point Tasks, Banked TPE, or Unclaimed Contest/Prediction Points to your new player. The only TPE that can be assigned to your new player is based on your TPE Carry-Over Percentage

I believe the only exception to the rule is prediction points that haven't been award yet. For example, I retired at the S46 deadline so I can claim the S46 prediction points (that weren't released when I retired) with my new player. That's only because you don't really know how many points it will be when you predict them though, only at the end of the season.

15 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Nope. I refer you to THIS topic

I believe the only exception to the rule is prediction points that haven't been award yet. For example, I retired at the S46 deadline so I can claim the S46 prediction points (that weren't released when I retired) with my new player. That's only because you don't really know how many points it will be when you predict them though, only at the end of the season.

That doesn't say anything about adding old unused points to your retired player though.

Looking at my previous post I don't think it was clear what I meant. But yeah, I mean like if you had some points left to claim for your old player and you retired, I thought you could still add those unclaimed points to your old player.

Edited by Streetlight

• Commissioner
11 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

That doesn't say anything about adding old unused points to your retired player though.

Looking at my previous post I don't think it was clear what I meant. But yeah, I mean like if you had some points left to claim for your old player and you retired, I thought you could still add those unclaimed points to your old player.

Not as far as I know but why would you? Why not just update him fully before retiring and thus ignore the potential issue completely?

23 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Not as far as I know but why would you? Why not just update him fully before retiring and thus ignore the potential issue completely?

I don't know, maybe someone is hyped to recreate so they retire without realizing they will lose the points that they haven't added yet.

Actually, I'm sure Kendrick did it this season with his prediction points. They weren't handed out until yesterday, but he retired two days ago. I don't really see why he should lose those points.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Streetlight said:
10 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

I don't know, maybe someone is hyped to recreate so they retire without realizing they will lose the points that they haven't added yet.

Actually, I'm sure Kendrick did it this season with his prediction points. They weren't handed out until yesterday, but he retired two days ago. I don't really see why he should lose those points.

Thats why I stated there is an exception for prediction points that weren't handed out until after retirement.

Just now, Beketov said:

Thats why I stated there is an exception for prediction points that weren't handed out until after retirement.

Yeah, but that's different. You're claiming those with your new player. Kendrick would be claiming those with his old player.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Streetlight said:

Yeah, but that's different. You're claiming those with your new player. Kendrick would be claiming those with his old player.

I honestly don't see why you would even want them with your old player. You'e going to get barely an increase in quality on a guy that has at best 1 season left rather than doing a good amount to help a guy that has 9 seasons (including a VHLM year) in him.

If you retire a player, you can still add any points you earned with that player pre-retirement. So if you're me and have two or so weeks of updating backlogged, and you retired before updating for some stupid reason, you can still add those points after the fact. However, if I do a PT after retiring, I cannot add that to the retired player.

14 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I honestly don't see why you would even want them with your old player. You'e going to get barely an increase in quality on a guy that has at best 1 season left rather than doing a good amount to help a guy that has 9 seasons (including a VHLM year) in him.

I didn't think it would be a choice. I would assume that the points would have to be added to the retiring player because he is still in the VHL.

If you earned points before retiring then you have to add them to the player you are retiring. If you earned them after you recreated, then you have to add them to your current player.

Where the 8/7% comes into effect is if a Commish has told you that you may retire early because of some event (WC or whatever). So technically you are considered in your 7th season still as pre-season hasn't started, but you may also keep your player for his 8th season (despite the rulebook) because the commish's are being nice.