Kohler Talks Draft [Reviewed] [2/2]

Kendrick

Draft Rumblings

It is no question that when you ask any VHLM prospect who is eligible for the upcoming draft whether they are excited for the VHL Entry Draft or not, that they will say yes. It's truly an exciting time in a hopeful draftees future that they tend to mark no their calendars from the day they are made eligible to be selected. That is no different in this years draft class and many of the top names like Black Velvet, Unassisted and Jakab Holik will all feel the same emotion leading up to the podium walks of each team. However, there is a different feeling in the Tyson Kohler camp that we may not have heard a couple months ago. Of course Kohler is coming off a disappointing end to a relatively successful campaign in the VHLM, but things change over night it seems with certain players.

usatsi_8916329-e1447783143944.jpg

News out of Yukon this morning has Kohler unsure of his future and not sure about where his VHL future will take him. Apparently it has been reported that his future in the VHL might be in jeopardy and his interest in playing over in the Swedish Hockey League for at least the first part of his career is a strong possibility. Unsure of how or why this came about seeing as the young forward looks to be pencilled in as a possible first round talent. We caught up with Tyson at a team practice facility this afternoon for his comment on reports.

"I'm just weighing my options really. I don't see myself as a guy who will most likely stay with one franchise for my entire career as many of the bodies in the VHL move around a lot. It's always nice and rare to see a player play his entire career with one organization, but more times or not that doesn't happen in the VHL. I just want to be able to control my future and don't want it entirely controlled by the ups and downs of a franchises progression paths. Yes, the Swedish Hockey League has approached me and several of their teams have talked to my agent to hopefully set up some sort of deal for a short term landing spot".

This news and comment by Tyson Kohler may not be a huge kink in any teams plans but it does raise some obvious questions. Is Tyson Kohler worth the risk of drafting if he plans on taking his hockey bag and settling in Sweden for even a two year deal? If he does stay in the VHL, is it worth drafting a player who may not be keen on signing a deal at the conclusion of his entry level deal? It's a tough spot for a General Manager to really approach but it isn't something at the VHL Network that we haven't seen before.

1297562505375_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

"I'm really in no position to comments as my clients thoughts are his and the teams approaching our party have laid out exactly what they see for him. Ultimately it is up to him whether he wants to continue in the VHL or jump on a plane and head to Sweden. I simply process the paper work and talk between both parties (client and teams)", said Kohler's agent Malcolm Kelly.

Time is always the deciding factor on these types of stories but it clear a lot is still on the table. Tyson Kohler has not really committed on locations and possible places to play but has ruled Davos as a destination just strictly on their current state. As news pours in we may have more of a story to pass your way in the coming days.

Review:

good read. Not sure what you mean by Swedish Hockey League.....Is Kohler going to the SHL? Are you retiring before you even start? Are you taking time off? Is Kohler gonna cut his damn nasty beard? Many unanswered questions are left

614 words :D

1 hour ago, ADwyer87 said:

Review:

good read. Not sure what you mean by Swedish Hockey League.....Is Kohler going to the SHL? Are you retiring before you even start? Are you taking time off? Is Kohler gonna cut his damn nasty beard? Many unanswered questions are left

614 words :D

The SHL in real life is the Swedish Hockey League. It no longer is called the Swedish Elite League.

19 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

The SHL in real life is the Swedish Hockey League. It no longer is called the Swedish Elite League.

I know, I was just making an attempt at intrigue. Though Elitserien was a way cooler name

3 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Its unfortunate you didnt want to be here, im going to build something special. Youll regret it ;)

Has nothing to do with you or how you are building, it more has to do with a past transaction.

• 1 year later...