Freedom comes to New York

CoachReilly

FREEDOM COMES HOME

New York, NY - As expected, Calgary shipped over Freedom McJustice to the New York Americans as part of the Wrangler rebuild.  It was a short stay in Calgary for McJustice, but he says he's happy to be back in the United States.  

In his press conference shortly after the trade, McJustice said, "I'm happy to potentially be a leader on this team and will look to occupy a positive role in the locker room.  I've always admired the guys like Ruutu, Reencarnacion, and the rest of the guys here. Of course, the goal will be to win another championship for New York and finish out my career in New York on a positive note, and I think we've got a great core to do just that. "

When asked what the trade meant to him, Freedom responded, "It means a lot. Great to be in New York City.  This is where freedom was born.  Freedom with a lower case F.  I was born in the Midwest.  I'm feeling slightly less good about this at this point, because I just realized the multitude of puns which will, of course, be made."

Let Freedom (win a) ring, Americans.