Fantasy League

Jala

Fantasy League  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Because you don't have to spend that 30 minutes researching who you switch in and out each week. Sure, that might put you at a disadvantage to others, but hey, isn't that how the league works? If I don't want to spend that 30 minutes writing a media spot, why should other people be able to in order to get TPE that I can't get? That's not fair and it makes the league un-fun!

Yes but what you don't get is that the Media Spot portion of the league is it's life blood. Our point task system is what earns you the majority of your weekly TPE. It's supposed to take the longest amount of time. The Fantasy League is a SIDE venture. No different than Yahoo Fantasy, the Pick Ems and VHL Trivia. It should be a simple but fun side activity for people to do in their free time on the board. When it becomes as much work as a point task, and we already have people who choose Welfare over doing anything else, what do you think happens to the numbers? It isn't just about TPE. People can be engaged in something casually, and that is the purpose of our side activities. 

9 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Because you don't have to spend that 30 minutes researching who you switch in and out each week. Sure, that might put you at a disadvantage to others, but hey, isn't that how the league works? If I don't want to spend that 30 minutes writing a media spot, why should other people be able to in order to get TPE that I can't get? That's not fair and it makes the league un-fun!

Uhhh yeah but this isn't a point tasks worth 6 TPE each week. It's a task that might get you 8 TPE tops at the end of it. So you gotta think, something for fun shouldn't be given such a dynamic thought or time block for. I think you somewhat are overdoing what i'm saying. 

When people join the fantasy ranks they just want to do their shit and get out, its the VHL for crying out loud, no one wants to have to spend more time here than their point task really asks you for. Not sure why you have a gripe with me though, you seemed to take the feedback personal any chance someone said anything.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Yes but what you don't get is that the Media Spot portion of the league is it's life blood. Our point task system is what earns you the majority of your weekly TPE. It's supposed to take the longest amount of time. The Fantasy League is a SIDE venture. No different than Yahoo Fantasy, the Pick Ems and VHL Trivia. It should be a simple but fun side activity for people to do in their free time on the board. When it becomes as much work as a point task, and we already have people who choose Welfare over doing anything else, what do you think happens to the numbers? It isn't just about TPE. People can be engaged in something casually, and that is the purpose of our side activities. 

And I was just trying to make a side venture that was actually engaging on a weekly basis. It was only as much work as you chose to put into it though. And even those who weren't making any changes were doing fine, so I don't see how it's that big of a deal.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Uhhh yeah but this isn't a point tasks worth 6 TPE each week. It's a task that might get you 8 TPE tops at the end of it. So you gotta think, something for fun shouldn't be given such a dynamic thought or time block for. I think you somewhat are overdoing what i'm saying. 

When people join the fantasy ranks they just want to do their shit and get out, its the VHL for crying out loud, no one wants to have to spend more time here than their point task really asks you for. Not sure why you have a gripe with me though, you seemed to take the feedback personal any chance someone said anything.

I actually reduced the first place prize to 4 TPE and gave more people 2 TPE down the line so that it wouldn't be as punishing for the people who didn't want to spend more time on it. You don't have to spend a significant amount of time to see that a couple players are doing really well and PM a change.

Just now, Streetlight said:

And I was just trying to make a side venture that was actually engaging on a weekly basis. It was only as much work as you chose to put into it though. And even those who weren't making any changes were doing fine, so I don't see how it's that big of a deal.

Eh. I see where your coming from, I honestly do. But I think you upped the complexity scale by too much too quickly. Changing it every season, nobody really had more than one season to get their feet wet on when it was simple. I know from my own perspective as someone who follows stats and players and what not the ability to change it every week just scared me away. It wasn't that I had to engage in it, it's that I knew if I wanted to even remotely have a chance, I would likely have to make changes. I knew I didn't have that kind of time to commit. 

Just now, Streetlight said:

I actually reduced the first place prize to 4 TPE and gave more people 2 TPE down the line so that it wouldn't be as punishing for the people who didn't want to spend more time on it. You don't have to spend a significant amount of time to see that a couple players are doing really well and PM a change.

But thats the thing, it should be no time but to spend the initial PM with rosters, thats it. Cut, copy, sent. I'm not sure why such pullback with the comments, all it is is the personal opinions...of the people doing it haha

I will agree, though, I probably was trying to make it more than I should have. And I do take it personal because I put extra effort into it trying to make it potentially more engaging for anyone who would be interested in that. I wasn't trying to take anything away from anyone else, but people have an issue with allowing effort to equal a reward in this task I guess. So I'm doing more work because there were people who expressed that they liked having that option only to have some other people say they don't like it even though it really shouldn't affect them at all, because they don't have to do anything differently.

OK, so. Fantasy league will come back in it's form from S44. The adjusted stat weights that Streetlight put in with the original 6 man roster, 20 mill salary cap and TPE rewards.

I'll start building a player list and we'll get this kicked off soon.

@Streetlight I completely understand and agree with your thought process with it. You were given the fan league and you molded it how you thought would be fun. Your bench roster concept is something that seems fun to me and had I been around I would've loved it. Thanks for your work on continuing on this fun concept and I'll be using her infrastructure to keep it going.

1 hour ago, jaladolar said:

OK, so. Fantasy league will come back in it's form from S44. The adjusted stat weights that Streetlight put in with the original 6 man roster, 20 mill salary cap and TPE rewards.

I'll start building a player list and we'll get this kicked off soon.

@Streetlight I completely understand and agree with your thought process with it. You were given the fan league and you molded it how you thought would be fun. Your bench roster concept is something that seems fun to me and had I been around I would've loved it. Thanks for your work on continuing on this fun concept and I'll be using her infrastructure to keep it going.

So what do I do to join?